Suggestions - NOT QUESTIONS
 'Answered Questions' Product Detail Page Tab
Author « Topic »  

pauld
Advanced Member

USA
472 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2019 :  14:18:21  
One of the very few pleasant surprises we've found in our tests of selling through Amazon is the popular "Answered Questions" link on each product page. There have been lots of useful questions, and it's been a great way to discover elements of our product offerings that are confusing to visitors.

Would it be practical to develop an 'Answered Questions' spry tab on the product details page that displays moderated Q&A?

Presumably this would be similar to the current Reviews tab but with a bit different formatting and the ability for the Admin to sort the list of questions by relevance. Like Amazon, an Admin could answer a question, but other visitors could also add answers and comments pending Admin approval.

The goal might be to duplicate the Amazon feature as closely as possible. For example, it would be great if the text on the top tab displayed the number of entries as in "117 Answered Questions", similar to Amazon's link text that counts up to "1,000+ Answered Questions".

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

RJB
Ecommerce Template Expert

United Kingdom
789 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/17/2020 :  12:22:40  
I would like to be able to show 'Questions & Answers' in a spry tab on the product details page. Customers often use the 'Ask a Question' button or email directly with questions ..As a simple solution, would it be possible to have a separate field on the product admin page so the Q&A's could be entered manually and shown in a 'Q&A' tab. I have started manually adding some Q&A's to the product description field but a separate tab would be much better.

Richard.

pauld
Advanced Member

USA
472 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2020 :  12:39:53  
It dawned on me that like the Amazon feature, a Customer Questions and Answers tab on the product page would need a top "Have a question? Search for answers" search box, with results that are limited to that product page text and Q&A.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10379 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2020 :  12:45:21  
I agree it might be nice to have a feature to add the "asked question" to the product details page.
It would be best not to limit it to a spry tab though.

I dropped the tabs several years ago. Many customers were confused by them, or just did not know that they could click to see more info.
Now, we just run the content down the page and we have less confusion.

Thanks,
David

freewaytrailer
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2024 :  07:17:07  
This would be a handy feature to have
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000