PHP (Unix / Linux / Apache) versions
 Removing tax from tax-inclusive prices?
Author « Topic »  

SBriggs

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2022 :  11:41:05  
Hi,

We've been using $showtaxinclusive=3; since Brexit mucked-up our export shipping (Grrr) but are now reintroducing export shipping again. We are having problems that the tax element is not being removed for non-UK orders, at least not consistently.

The tax that we've included in our prices in the database does appear to be removed in the Shipping Estimator display (obviously once the country has been selected), but the subsequent checkout display shows the tax-inclusive price again, when it should have the home-country's tax rate deducted to achieve the correct nett price for export (in our case non-UK) sales.

Using $showtaxinclusive=3; meant that we could get accurate pricing such as £49.95, rather than having to use nett prices in the database and then have rounding issues causing e.g. £49.96 etc when UK 20% VAT was added on.

I rather suspect that we will have to scale all our database prices back by dividing by 1.2, which is easy to do with a query, and then to go back to $showtaxinclusive=1; and just accept that there will be some penny discrepancies here and there.

...But the fact that the Shipping Estimator seems to work it out correctly is a bit of a tease that perhaps there is an easier way without adjusting all our prices?

Thanks,

Steve.

Pragmasis Limited
https://SecurityForBikes.com

Vince
Administrator

42694 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2022 :  05:45:33  
Hi Steve
I think I see the problem and it seems to be that the amount is calculated correctly and charged correctly but an incorrect total is shown. I've added the fix to the inccart.php script so can you try that and see if it helps?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

SBriggs

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2022 :  11:20:13  
Hi Vince,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Sure, happy to try a new inccart.php and can let you know how it looks.

FYI I'm using v7.4.9 as the .10 and .11 changes have not been relevant to us. I can upgrade to v7.4.11 if that's what I'd need to do in order to pull in a new hotfix? Have you put the update in the current v7.4.11 download?

Thanks,

Steve.

Pragmasis Limited

Vince
Administrator

42694 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2022 :  01:12:32  
Hi Steve
quote:
Have you put the update in the current v7.4.11 download?
Yes, it's in that download.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

SBriggs

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2023 :  04:40:19  
Hi Vince and Happy New Year,

Apologies for the slow response on this. I've applied the v7.4.11 update and tested. The shipping estimator is still fine and the subtotal and total figures at the bottom of the checkout display are now all correct - Thanks - but I notice the item-by-item listing still shows the product prices with VAT included. Hence, the cart items don't match the totals down at the bottom.

Do we need to make the same tax-removal adjustment when listing each item, as well as when calculating the totals?

Thanks,

Steve.

Pragmasis Limited
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000