PHP (Unix / Linux / Apache) versions
 Problem Free Shipping & Free Shipping Exempt Still
Author « Topic »  

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1900 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2022 :  12:12:05  
Still having a problem when orders have both free shipping eligible products mixed in with free shipping exempt products. The cart is undercharging for the exempt products. I thought this was resolved since I brought it up in October, https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=114995

Marshall
CENLYT Productions - ms designs
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com

Vince
Administrator

42694 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2022 :  02:42:38  
Hi Marshall
When working out a mix of free and non-free shipping products it's a bit more convoluted than it may appear at first. The ideal solution would be to query the shipping carrier with the weight of all the products for the services that do not have free shipping and then with the free-shipping products removed for the services that do have free shipping. But that would mean querying the shipping carrier twice which isn't really practical, so what we do is query the carrier and then reduce the rate proportionally for the services which do have free shipping, and it could be here that the difference is to what you expect. But if you want me to dig in and investigate could you give me the details (item weights and source and destination zips, plus which items are ship free) and I'll take a look.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000