Search our site
Author « Topic »  

kmkelso
Starting Member

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2023 :  16:34:15  
Hi Vince,
I believe I've found an issue with turning the vacation message off after having turned it on. It turns on, but it can't be turned off. We're at PHP ver. 7.5.5. I traced the code in dev. tools. Please note the first screenshot. The link in arrow 1 redirects to table row id 'vacationmessage' which bypasses the select statement in arrow 4 resulting in it not displaying the option to turn it off.

Additionally, I really like Gary's implementation of using a separate page for the option of displaying the vacation message on other pages as well as the cart page as in topic id 108488. This works well for our business. However, as mentioned by cciknives in topic id 112316, I want to leave our store open and still accept orders during specific dates, yet still inform our customer that we're not able to ship orders until we return. I would rather not create a separate content region for this message and retain the already implemented vacation message functionality. Perhaps an option 2 might be appropriate with modifying Gary's select statement to check for option 2 to display the message?

https://kkelso-optonline.tinytake.com/msc/NzgxMjA2Nl8yMDg2ODUyNQ

https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=108488

https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=112316

ITZAP
Ecommerce Template Guru

Australia
1016 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2023 :  18:48:47  
Hi Karl, I am also running PHP v7.5.5

To turn the Vacation Message OFF, in Main Settings you just need to open the "Order Management \/" options menu again, then for On Vacation: select "No \/" and Submit.

Gary

kmkelso
Starting Member

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2023 :  19:50:05  
Thanks Gary. I very much appreciate your expertise and help. What I'm trying to show is that once the VM is turned on, the On Vacation select box and button is bypassed in the PHP code on the adminmain.php page and does not appear.

https://kkelso-optonline.tinytake.com/msc/NzgxMjM2N18yMDg2ODk4NQ

midvalleydrifter001
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
931 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2023 :  19:58:03  
I just tried this on my version 7.5.5 and yes... it closes the store but you can NOT get it to open back up by Clicking on "To Turn this off, Click Here"

That feature does NOTHING

Like Gary said you have to click on "Order Management" and then select "NO" again from the drop down to get the store out of vacation mode.

This seems to be a bit confusing.

Just my $.02 worth

Patrick

Edited by - midvalleydrifter001 on 01/23/2023 20:02:15

kmkelso
Starting Member

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2023 :  20:01:59  
Hi Patrick,
The only way to turn it back off is to manually set column onvacation in the admin table to 0. Here's the select to view it
SELECT onvacation,vacationmessage FROM admin WHERE adminID=1

midvalleydrifter001
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
931 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2023 :  20:05:03  
What Gary said is how I just turned mine OFF.

quote:
To turn the Vacation Message OFF, in Main Settings you just need to open the "Order Management \/" options menu again, then for On Vacation: select "No \/" and Submit.

ITZAP
Ecommerce Template Guru

Australia
1016 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2023 :  20:14:22  
quote:
Clicking on "To Turn this off, Click Here" does NOTHING !!
Gents, clicking that message simply directs you back to the ECT menu "Main Settings ... Order Management".

From there you MUST ...
>> Click on the "Order Management" menu once again to reveal all the options.
>> Then you can see "On Vacation": Yes, close my store. Click on that to open and reveal the other option.
>> Choose "No" and then click the "Submit" button.
>> The Vacation Message will now be OFF.

Definitely works for me on PHP v7.5.5

I guess it would be better if, when you clicked the message The Vacation Setting is Currently Active. To Turn this off, Click Here you were directed back to the ECT menu "Main Settings ... Order Management" ... but with the menu options underneith OPEN ?

Gary

Edited by - ITZAP on 01/23/2023 20:20:23

kmkelso
Starting Member

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2023 :  20:21:57  
AHA! Got it! Thanks!

This is a bit misleading. I respectfully resubmit my request that the To Turn This off, CLICK HERE link at the top of the admin page when the VM is turned on, redirect to mainbutton5 on the adminmain.php page and expand the selection. This should resolve the confusion.

https://kkelso-optonline.tinytake.com/msc/NzgxMjQxNV8yMDg2OTAzMw
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000