jghomestead
Starting Member

USA
12 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/24/2023 :  12:58:30  
Hi,
I've been having intermittent issues with not only my ECT cart becoming unresponsive, but all PHP (such as my contact form) is becoming unresponsive.
After a lengthy ticket with my host, they found the following errors.

[24-Jul-2023 02:08:44 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 48234696 bytes) in /home/j***e/public_html/vsadmin/inc/inccart.php on line 1317
[24-Jul-2023 02:24:38 UTC] PHP Warning: trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/j***e/public_html/vsadmin/inc/inccart.php on line 2707

(I edited out my ftp username with *'s)

These two errors have appeared many times in the last few days.

Coincidentally, lately I've been getting more spam in my contact form and also I got a spam bot-filled order in my shopping cart... and that order had thousands of products added to the cart.

My hunch is that I have bots adding way too much product to my cart and it's exhausting my PHP resources on my server, which is causing all PHP to become unresponsive.
At one point my entire website crashed.

I'm currently running Ecommerce Plus PHP v7.4.11

Is there a fix to prevent this? Or has it already been fixed if I upgrade to v. 7.5.8 ??

Edited by - jghomestead on 07/24/2023 13:01:17

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2023 :  03:18:33  
Hi jghomestead
There is a feature in the latest version where you can limit the number of items that can be added to cart to stop this kind of thing. After updating, go to the IP Blocking admin page to set this limit.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1192 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2023 :  04:15:00  
Hi Vince

I notice that the minimum limit on the number of items that may be added to cart starts at 70 in the IP Blocking feature. Is there a method to set that to a lower figure? Reason I ask is that two of my clients sell very low quantities per order & the maximum number of items in the cart on any order has been 5.

Will

Edited by - 1818charlie on 07/25/2023 04:15:44
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000