Author « Topic »  

Neil
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/09/2023 :  13:19:44  
I am about to add MD5 security to my Worldpay terminal. (Yes, I should have done it long ago)
There is a conflict between the instructions in php help which says enter a string of 16 characters and the instructions from worldpay (copied and pasted below from their email) which specify between 21 and 30 characters.

"In order for the MD5 secret to work properly you'll need it to adhere to the following:

21 - 30 characters long
contain at least 1 upper case letter
contain at least 1 lower case letter
contain at least 1 number
contain at least 1 special character ( ! is recommended as some others may conflict with the hold, please do not use @ or $ )"

I would like to get it right first time so am just wondering if this has arisen before and what others have done.

Can I simply put 21-30 characters in the payment provider details dialogue or will this throw up an error.

Neil

Neil B

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2023 :  02:17:26  
Hi Neil
I do believe that you can remove the MD5 secret again if you have any problems so would the easiest thing be to just try it with the 21-30 characters and see how it goes? And if you have any problems just remove it again and let us know?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Neil
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/10/2023 :  03:47:24  
OK, a success. I entered a string of 23 characters in the payment providers dialogue and it was accepted.

The same string entered twice in the Worldpay admin and all seems to be working correctly.

Thanks
Neil

Neil B

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2023 :  10:47:12  
Hi Neil
Thanks for letting us know and I've updated the documentation now for anyone else trying to set up with WorldPay.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000