Technical
 ASP (Windows server) versions
 USPS Ground Advantage - cart3servicecommitment
Author « Topic »  

sparksm
Advanced Member

125 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2023 :  10:48:20  
USPS recently rebranded the 1st Class package service to Ground Advantage. I renamed the service in my USPS admin, and it functions fine pulling rates as the old 1st class service.

The issue is that the time commitment that is being pulled from USPS is wildly off. Regardless of destination (within the US), it will display 1-3 days but that is far from accurate. This new version of USPS 1st class for packages is more like 2-7 days within 48 cont US and 14-21 days for HI/AK/PR & protectorates.

Is there an easy way to override what is displayed specifically for this one shipping method? If not, is there an updated shipping method number (currently I think 1st class is shipping method 16) from USPS for Ground Advantage that will be more accurate?

This will eventually lead to a lot of upset customers who are expecting their package in 1-3 days when in fact it could be 1-3 weeks.

Vince
Administrator

42641 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2023 :  08:13:42  
Hi Sparksm
Thanks for pointing this out and I've added the necessary change to the updater in the vsadmin/inc/uspsshipping.asp file.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000