Graham Slaughter
Ecommerce Template Expert

821 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2023 :  07:50:38  
I'm wrapping up our update to 7.2

I'm getting this error in Chrome dev tools:

GET https://paypal.adtag.where.com/merchant.js net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

it is called here:
<div class="billmelaterbanner" style="text-align:center"><script data-pp-pubid="CTVSVE7X8NX2Y" data-pp-placementtype="468x60"> (function (d, t) {
"use strict";
var s=d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0], n=d.createElement(t);
n.src="//paypal.adtag.where.com/merchant.js";
s.parentNode.insertBefore(n, s);
}(document, "script"));
</script>

Perhaps this URL is out of date?

Edited by - Graham Slaughter on 09/28/2023 03:18:33

Vince
Administrator

42649 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2023 :  13:13:05  
Hi Graham
Yes, this is pretty out of date I think. What you really need to do is activate PayPal Checkout of which the latest v2 version is integrated into the updater and then on the settings page for PayPal Checkout, activate the Pay Later messaging. You can also activate Pay Later as a funding source there.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Graham Slaughter

821 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2023 :  14:35:46  
Oh! Ok, I can do that. That actually brings up a better question that I really needed to ask. I was trying to discern if there was a version of Paypal that was better than the others.

Can you possibly help me navigate all the different Paypal options in the ECT? With 6 different versions and little differentiation mentioned, is there a BEST version of it?

It's hard to know what I SHOULD be using.

We currently have both of these activated:
PayPal Express Payments
PayPal Payments Standard

None of them are listed in the Admin as "Paypal Checkout"

We have these listed in the admin:
PayPal Express Payments (active)
PayPal Payments Standard (active)
PayPal Payflow Link
PayPal Payflow Pro
PayPal Payments Advanced
PayPal Direct Payments

We stopped using Paypal as our primary credit card processor because Square is VASTLY superior, but I need to keep using Paypal for their other payment options.

Edited by - Graham Slaughter on 09/04/2023 14:40:42

Vince
Administrator

42649 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2023 :  14:52:20  
Hi Graham
PayPal Checkout is the replacement for PayPal Standard, PayPal Express and PayPal Direct payments and it should be listed separately in the admin payment providers page if you have ECT v7.6 or higher installed. Once you've activated PayPal Checkout (it's only a few clicks in the admin) then Express Payments etc are options in the settings page.

Vince

Graham Slaughter

821 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2023 :  15:12:12  
oh! You mean the splash page Paypal "Recommended" option before you click on "View All Payment Processors". I thought that was just an ad for Paypal.

I don't know why, but I assumed that would potentially deactivate my Square payment processing. I'll work on setting that up tomorrow. Thanks!

Edited by - Graham Slaughter on 09/04/2023 15:12:23

Graham Slaughter

821 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2023 :  07:37:25  
Hey Vince, There's a new error after setting up that latest 7.2 Hotfix and setting up the new paypal:

error '80020009'
/vsadmin/inc/incpayprov.asp, line 313

This occurs when you hit the "Settings" button after setting up the new Paypal. It's this button:
onclick="document.location='adminpayprov.asp?act=modify&id=27'"

Vince
Administrator

42649 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2023 :  13:01:36  
Hi Graham
Well that's very strange indeed. If you click on the "View full list of payment processors" and click on "Modify" for PayPal Checkout, does it error?

Vince

Graham Slaughter

821 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2023 :  13:19:03  
This is gonna sound weird, but there isn't an option for that. Screenshots attached to a direct email to you.

Vince
Administrator

42649 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2023 :  01:22:24  
Ok, sorry for the problems but I see the cause now in the updater and I've made some changes so that PayPal Checkout will appear properly in the list of available payment providers. If anyone else is having this problem, please get a new copy of the updater and run the updatestore.asp script in your browser.

Vince

Graham Slaughter

821 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2023 :  06:34:38  
All appears to be working now. Thanks Vince.

- Graham Slaughter

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2023 :  08:39:50  
I'm confused about this. I've been using PayPal checkout for credit cards as my merchant account for several years now. We also offer PayPal Express for customers that want to pay using their PayPal account. In my Payment Providers section I show the following setup:

ID Order Provider Name
7 1 PayPal Payflow Pro

19 2 PayPal Express Payments DEPRECATED

I think it's all set up correctly now. However, I think it's confusing to have both a "checkout" button and PayPal button on the first cart page. If the customer selects the "checkout" button, they are presented with either paying with a credit card or using their PayPal account. So having both is redundant, don't you think? It's confusing. Also, if they select the PayPal button, they have the option of using a credit card.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Kelley

Edited by - kelleymoore on 09/21/2023 09:07:28

Vince
Administrator

42649 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2023 :  07:52:11  
Hi Kelley
With the new integration of PayPal Checkout v2 you can take credit / debit cards, add an optional Express checkout flow, take alternate / local payment methods and more. I really would switch to using that as integrations like PayPal Express are no longer supported. But having both an "Express" and regular checkout button I think is fine and I think customers are used to that now.

Vince

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2023 :  13:35:52  
Hi Vince,

OK, but do I still keep the PayPal Payflow Pro enabled since they are our merchant?

Thanks,
Kelley

Vince
Administrator

42649 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2023 :  02:58:24  
Hi Kelley
quote:
OK, but do I still keep the PayPal Payflow Pro enabled since they are our merchant?
Yes, certainly. The new PayPal Checkout will replace PayPal Standard and PayPal Express payments. There is also an option of PayPal Advanced Cards which can be used in place of PayFlow Pro / PayPal Direct, but that's (also) optional.

Vince

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000