Forgot your Password?

Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

ClaireArt
Advanced Member

103 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2023 :  04:40:15  
Hi, i have just received the following message from my hosting company... Can you confirm that ECT php shop is fully compatible with php8?

"To provide you with the best service, we need to upgrade the PHP version on the server your site is hosted on.

The current PHP version is at the end of its operational life.

The Domain Name affected is claire-harrison.co.uk

What do I need to do?
=====================

We have added functionality in the EASYSPACE control panel to allow you to upgrade at the click of a button, and you can find complete information by visiting https://www.yoursupportservices.co.uk/migration/vhost-php.

If you upgrade and find faults within your site, you can easily move back to your current PHP version to allow you time to make relevant changes.

If your site uses a database, this will also need to be migrated, and it is critical you let us know the database name before you switch the PHP version. You must also update your website code's connection string to reference the new database server.

When do I need to complete the upgrade?
======================================

You have until 23rd January 2023 to complete the upgrade on your website.

What happens if I dont upgrade?
=================================

On 23rd January 2023 we will force PHP8 as the default version on the server and move your domain on a best endeavours basis."

Many thanks

Kind regards Claire.

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2023 :  12:29:06  
Hi Claire
Yes, the latest versions are all compatible with PHP8 so you should be fine with the upgrade.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

ClaireArt
Advanced Member

103 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2023 :  13:04:30  
Thank you Vince. In the previous post my hosting company mention a "your website code's connection string" sorry for my ignorance - what is this? Do I have one? Where would I find it? Is this something in your software or in the hosting companies?

Many thanks for your help, and sorry for being ignorant! Claire :)

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2023 :  13:32:36  
Hi Claire
I missed that I must admit and thought this was just about the change in PHP version. If you send your host what you have now in the db_conn_open.php file they should be able to let you know the new setting.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1192 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2023 :  14:48:45  
Hi Claire

Just to follow up on Vinces last response, if you are not familiar with the files & their locations on the server then the db_conn_open.php is in the vsadmin folder.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000