Store Search Vs. Search Bar
Author « Topic »  

DavidX
Ecommerce Template Expert

925 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/22/2023 :  14:00:15  
Is there a way to add in the dropdowns that appear in "Store Search" in results displayed after using the search bar at the top of our page? Currently, I think most visitors see the search bar at the top and get results and browse them which is fine but, I think most are unaware that using the link to search.asp gives them a bunch of options to refine results.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10358 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2023 :  18:13:22  
Hi David, I think you are referring to the predictive search and a few years ago, some examples were published on the forum.
I'll see if I can hunt it down. It used to work on my site and somewhere along the way I lost that code. So I need to fix my site anyway.

David

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10358 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2023 :  18:28:25  
Ok, I don't know why I lost this or stopped using it, but see this thread - particularly Vince's first post where he has the official specifics on this
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=111796

This is what I am using

<form class="searchbox" method="post" action="search.asp" id="ecttextform">
<input type="hidden" name="posted" value="1"/>
<div style="position:relative">
<input type="text" size="28" class="search-box" value="" name="stext" id="ecttext" placeholder="Search keyword or products..." onkeydown="return ectAutoSrchKeydown(this,event,'asp')" spellcheck="false" onblur="ectAutoHideCombo(this)" autocomplete="off" /><br/>
<input type="submit" title="Search" class="search-button" value="GO"/>
</div>
<div class="autosearch" style="position:absolute;display:none;margin-top:11px;" id="selectecttext"></div></form>

David

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10358 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2023 :  08:48:44  
Actually after reading this again, I think it was late last night when I first read this.
It sounds like you want the drop down filters, and I'm not sure that's possible.

You could "view source" on your search page, copy all of the html in the search start with<form> and ending with </form>
Give it a unique ID <form method="get" id="stextform" and place that in your location where you want the search and give it a go.

I have no clue if it will work, but I suppose there is no harm in giving it a try.
I believe as you add or remove products and attributes, it would need to be updated as some of the search filters on your search page are likely dynamically generated based on products and attributes.
Perhaps leave out the attributes may be a good idea.

David

DavidX
Ecommerce Template Expert

925 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/23/2023 :  13:40:11  
I'll give it a shot, thanks!
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000