ASP (Windows server) versions
 Support for Giropay in Stripe
Author « Topic »  

jaapg@promanent.com
Advanced Member

Netherlands
376 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2024 :  06:32:08  
We are using Stripe as payment provider for iDeal, Sofort and Bancontact. Untill yesterday we also had Giropay (for Germany) selected in the settings and this worked for our German customers. Since yesterday however this gives an error during checkout on the cart.asp page. The error shown states Giropay is not working. So when I switch Giropay off in the admin section of ECT the connection to Stripe works again.

Is this problem already known and what to do about this? Giropay is one of the options for German customers and we would like to continu using this.

Greetings,
Jaap

jaapg@promanent.com
Promanent b.v.
www.promanent.com | www.vaarwinkel.nl

Vince
Administrator

42688 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2024 :  06:37:13  
Hi Jaap
Sorry to hear about that but could you let me know the actual wording of the error? I've tried here but don't seem to get the error.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

jaapg@promanent.com
Advanced Member

Netherlands
376 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2024 :  06:49:43  
Hi Vince,

Thanks for the swift response.

The exact wording is: "The payment method type provided: giropay is invalid. Please ensure the provided type is activated in your dashboard (https://dashboard.stripe.com/account/payments/settings) and your account is enabled for any preview features that you are trying to use. See https://stripe.com/docs/payments/payment-methods/integration-options for supported payment method, currency, and country combinations."

This is shown during checkout on the cart step directly after the step were you enter your address.

When I check our Stripe account settings it says Suspended for Giropay, but it was working until yesterday and we have not changed anything on our shop site and not in our Stripe account.

When I uncheck Giropay in ECT it all works again.

Greetings,

Jaap

jaapg@promanent.com
Promanent b.v.
www.promanent.com | www.vaarwinkel.nl

Vince
Administrator

42688 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2024 :  08:46:34  
Hi Jaap
quote:
When I check our Stripe account settings it says Suspended for Giropay
I think this is the key to this problem and you really need to contact Stripe to see why giropay is suspended.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000