ASP (Windows server) versions
 Interesting Scenario
Author « Topic »  

freewaytrailer
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2024 :  14:36:20  
Found what i think might be an issue with the SEO friendly URL and extensionless feature. I have a category called Jacks & Accessories. this cate can have cats in it. say i have 3 in this cat called A-Frame, Drop Leg and Swivel. Since i have the & symbol in the main cat i tried setting the Category URL (Optional): to Jacks and Accessories for a more SEO friendly link. the problem is when i then navigate to my website and click the left menu link for Jacks & Accessories it send the user to all products in all sub cats of the parent cat. So sending to a products display instead of a cats display. the navigation at top will let you go to the sub cats display.

If i go back and remove that as the link in Category URL (Optional): everything works fine but i have to change the working name to Jacks and Accessories in order to have it send the user to the page with the sub cats.

one would thing is a cat has sub cats it should go to the sub cats display instead of bypassing the page.

example of it bypassing
https://www.freewaytrailer.com/products/Jacks-and-Accessories

example of it what it should do without specifying a Category URL (Optional):link
https://www.freewaytrailer.com/category/Axle-Components

Curious why it directs to a products page verse a cats page using Category URL (Optional):

Vince
Administrator

42688 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2024 :  21:31:26  
Hi Freewaytrailer
Could I possibly have a look at your site to see what's going on as I'm having problems recreating this here. If that's ok, could you send the site FTP login to my email at vince AT ecommercetemplates DOT com

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Vince
Administrator

42688 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2024 :  11:26:33  
Hi Freewaytrailer
I've made some changes to the menu script so could you try it again now?

Vince

freewaytrailer
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2024 :  11:32:24  
You are awesome as always. just curious, did i have something set wrong or was there an issue?

Vince
Administrator

42688 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2024 :  23:15:13  
Issue.

The fix is in the updater by the way so the next time you update it won't be a problem.

Vince

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000