ASP (Windows server) versions
 detlinkspacechar and product names
Author « Topic »  

freewaytrailer
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2024 :  14:42:58  
You have the detlinkspacechar parameter set as "-" but have products where the Static URL or Product Name uses this character and these will not display properly. Consider removing the detlinkspacechar parameter, or replacing it with a space in the Static URL for these products.

Firstly i have verified and reverified that i have no dashed or special chars in my Static URL's. i do want to use them in my Product Name.

i should point out that i have usepnamefordetaillinks=FALSE in includes file.

Is there a way to disable the above warning in the admin? or shouldnt the usepnamefordetaillinks=FALSE negate the error

Edited by - freewaytrailer on 09/27/2024 15:14:23

Vince
Administrator

42688 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2024 :  02:44:26  
Hi Freewaytrailer
This part of the warning, "or Product Name" is only displayed if the usepnamefordetaillinks parameter is set so could you check to see if the parameter is in the includes.asp file twice maybe. Also please check if you have the parameter "seodetailurls" set as that will force the usepnamefordetaillinks parameter.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

freewaytrailer
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2024 :  07:45:54  
Everything is working the way it's supposed to, just the admin warning is annoying.

Searched and only found one instance of usepnamefordetaillinks set, seodetailurls is set

if i change seodetailurls to False, the admin warning goes away but i completely loose function of my detlinkspacechar="-"

no joy yet - any other ideas?

Edited by - freewaytrailer on 09/28/2024 07:50:52

Vince
Administrator

42688 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2024 :  20:35:45  
Hi Freewaytrailer
quote:
but have products where the Static URL or Product Name
And you have them in the product name then which probably isn't a good idea if you are using SEO Detail URLs as you won't know if the dashes are really spaces or not when matching the product in the database.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000