Advanced Member

Canada
106 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/03/2018 :  11:51:28  
Hello;

I ship product internationally.

When the customer is in the USA or Canada, shipping is FREE.

When they go to the checkout and enter the country they wish to ship to, (Canada or USA) the word FREE appears in the shipping costs on the invoice.

The customer has a product option to use EMS Express shipping from the manufacturing country to the customers shipping address. This product option can be selected when they are on the product details page and is a fixed rate to the USA and Canada. It appears as a line item on their invoice as Express Shipping and gets added to the price of the product.

BUT; because they are in the USA or Canada the invoice still shows shipping as Free even though they are paying for the extra express shipping. This is confusing if they selected the Express shipping product option which adds to the product price and appears in the invoice body as Express Shipping, a paid product option.

Is it possible to not have the word “Free” show up in the shipping cost line if shipping to USA or Canada? If it was just blank, it would be obvious to even those who elected the standard shipping that they were not charged for shipping, and it would not conflict with the Express Shipping line item showing that they selected and paid for Express shipping.
Shipping costs for all other countries work fine right now and are generated by postal zone relative to the manufacturers location.

Thanks for any help.

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65937 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2018 :  13:00:03  
Hi Dan, how did you setup the free shipping is it a discount with FSA checked on the postal zones?

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

Paradise
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1602 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/03/2018 :  13:00:51  
Is it a discount/coupon that is appearing with free shipping?

Responsive Design Deals Ecomm Plus - ASP 6.8
www.paradiseclothingco.com

Dan
Advanced Member

Canada
106 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/03/2018 :  14:14:03  
This may be a clumsy answer.
I could not figure out how to set up anything other than working with the Admin Shipping panel.
The settings were at vsadmin/admincountry.php

With selected do...

Enabled: Yes
Tax: %

Free Shipping Applies: Yes
Position: Alphabetical
Postal Zone: Free United States

At the list of countries using United States of America as an example
Country ..................... Enabled...... Position......... Postal Zone
United States of America.......Yes.........On Top+............Free United States

Dan
Advanced Member

Canada
106 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/03/2018 :  14:30:39  
Here is my set up for the postal Zones at
vsadmin/adminzones.php?id=1

Using United States of America as Zone 1

You are modifying the rules for the Postal Zone "Free United States".
This zone is set to use 1 shipping method(s) such as "Standard", "Express", "2nd Day Air", etc.
For every __blank____above the highest price...
...add an extra __blank__ for Air Freight

FSA is Checked

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65937 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2018 :  14:47:48  
Hi Dan, with FSA checked that is stopping shipping from being added onto the order which is what you need, I don't see a way of removing free shipping text from the cart page.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

Dan
Advanced Member

Canada
106 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/03/2018 :  15:42:26  
Hi Sinbad;

The Express shipping is added successfully to the product price from the product options on the Details page. So adding the Express shipping to the price is not the issue.
I guess in a nut shell where is the actual text Free generated from. Not how it is derived, but the actual text. For example given the set up shown above above what if the FSA was checked, and I wanted the cart to say "Super Free" instead of Free on the cart. Or some other text rather than free.

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2018 :  23:50:48  
Hi Dan

Add this to vsadmin/includes.php

$GLOBALS['xxFree']='Super Free';

or whatever text you need to display instead of Free.

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

Dan
Advanced Member

Canada
106 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/04/2018 :  08:35:48  
Thanks Andy;

Will give this a try. It's all so simple if you know what your doing. Which obviously I do not.

Will this have to be redone if I update?

Thanks all

Edited by - Dan on 04/04/2018 08:37:52

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2018 :  08:37:00  
You can do the same with any text, the entries can be found in vsadmin/inc/languagefile_en.php - copy any edits to vsadmin/includes.php like this one so they don't get overwritten by updaters.

Andy

Dan
Advanced Member

Canada
106 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/06/2018 :  14:13:19  
Wowza!

Perfect Solution!

I removed "Free" and left it blank. So in USA and Canada shipping is free, and no amount shows on invoice. If the customer chooses EMS Express Air Shipping from the manufacturers country from the product options on the Details page, it shows as a flat fee on their invoice and the overall price increases.

If the shipping is to Denmark for example, the shipping fee shows in the shipping amount. If EMS Express is selected and the customer is not in North America, again let's say Denmark, the EMS Express amount shows on the invoice as a line item (selected option) and in the Shipping Cost entry (the difference from the flat rate to America) is shown in the Cost of Shipping box. Which ties directly to the Zone fees from the manufacturers country. Plus or minus a percent or two.

Nice.

Thanks Andy

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2018 :  23:58:45  
Glad that worked for you, Dan.

Andy

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000