Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2018 :  08:47:41  
I just upgraded one of my clients to the newest version 6.8.5 and they are now having a problem when printing invoices. They have a logo at the top of the invoice and a disclaimer at the bottom of the invoice (this has been the same for quite some time and was working fine before).

Now when they print some invoices (once that have several products purchased), the Subtotal, Shipping and Total fields are printed over the bottom disclaimer (like it's running out of room and instead of pushing the disclaimer text down, it just prints over it). When you look at the invoice on the screen, it views fine but when you Print (or Print Preview), the problem exists.

Here is a screenshot of a Print Preview of one of the invoices: https://www.alkydigger.net/2018%20Images/screenshot4418.PNG

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2018 :  09:49:55  
Hi

I'm not sure why that should be happening. Can you try a quick test for me? In the footer field in the admin, before the Important Legal Notice text can add the following line

<div style="clear:both;"></div>

and let me know if it makes a difference?

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2018 :  10:05:41  
That did not do anything. To be sure I did it right - you meant to add it to the includes.php? Like this:

$invoicefooter='<div style="clear:both;"></div><p align="center"><strong>IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE        </strong><br />
Parts covered by this invoice are for use by the Buyer in high performance vehicles only. Buyer makes use of such parts at his own risk. These products are covered under and sold subject to <strong>Alkydigger’s</strong> <strong>Terms And Conditions Of Sale</strong> set forth herein below. Alkydigger assumes no liability for personal injuries or property damage relating in any way to the use of products it sells. Please read <strong>Terms and Conditions of Sale</strong> carefully.</p>';

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2018 :  10:10:31  
That is now in the email messaging admin page - the includes.php entry is no longer used

Andy

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2018 :  10:15:41  
Got it. But that did not work either.

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2018 :  10:22:33  
I just tested that here and it works fine for me on 6.8.5. One other thing, from the screen shot I'm seeing the Page 1 of 2 and the Admin Orders title and time - I assume you wouldn't want that so can you turn off the printing of headers and footers just to be sure that isn't the culprit?

Andy

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2018 :  10:32:45  
Are you able to log in to the admin? It does not happen on all orders - try order # 13407

I just tested again and it's still not working.

How do I turn off headers and footers? I don't see that option in the Admin.

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2018 :  10:36:24  
Here is a screenshot of what it looks like now - just the same:

https://www.alkydigger.net/2018%20Images/screenshot4418-2.PNG

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2018 :  11:07:24  
It's in your printer settings to turn off printing headers / footers.

Can you see anything in common between the orders this is happening on?

Andy

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65937 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2018 :  11:25:58  
Hi Kelly, which headers and footers are you referring to - The printer headers and footer would be changed in the browser page setup on the Margins & Headers/Footer tab.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2018 :  11:40:47  
I see what you are talking about, I thought you meant it was something in the admin that I could change. I think that may have worked. I removed all of the headers and footers and it seems to be fine.

It happens on some and not on others, it seems to be ones that have a long list of items.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10385 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2018 :  12:01:33  
Hi, make sure you go into your browser setting and disable those pesky headers so the url of your admin does not show on printed receipts.
You don't want to give that url out and it looks better as well.
Usually "page setup" in your browser.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000