Amazon Pay is out of date
Author « Topic »  

John M
Advanced Member

459 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/14/2021 :  00:26:03  
Amazon Pay is out of date and has stopped working for many customers.

The Amazon Pay setup instructions do apply anymore.

John

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7668 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2021 :  02:18:25  
Hi John,
I have a US client who uses Amazon Pay and he's taken 9 orders up to now this month without any problems.
What exactly is the problem?

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

John M
Advanced Member

459 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/14/2021 :  06:20:59  
Avoid transaction declines past May 2021

This is a reminder to upgrade your Amazon Pay integration in line with the upcoming PSD2/SCA requirements. If you have already taken action, please disregard this message.

Dear xxx,
We are contacting you today to alert you to some important changes to the authentication of online card payments that will affect your Amazon Pay integration.

The second Payment Services Directive (PSD2), which regulates payment services in Europe, has introduced Strong Customer Authentication (SCA). SCA requires certain transactions to be authenticated by the payer and will become mandatory at the end of 2020 across the European Economic Area (EEA) and in September 2021 in the United Kingdom.

UK Finance has now published the following timelines in its SCA Industry Implementation Plan:

Market Readiness (1 Jan – 31 May 2021)
Issuers will start enabling SCA for certain transactions to provide e-merchants with a period of testing and transition which will have minimum impact to the customer’s check-out journey.
Ramp up (1 Jun – 13 Sep 2021)
A gradual introduction of SCA to provide a period of adjustment and minimise any customer impact by enforcement date. During this period issuers will start checking randomly if e-commerce transactions are SCA compliant, and soft decline them if they are not.
Full enforcement (14 Sep 2021)
SCA will be fully enforced in the UK
UK based e-commerce merchants should ensure that all enabled payment methods can handle the new requirements on time to avoid loss of business. Merchants delaying SCA readiness beyond May 2021 may see transaction declines.

Amazon Pay has introduced functionality enabling you to show authentication challenges to your customers. To enable this new functionality an update of your Amazon Pay integration is required. By updating your integration now you ensure that you can continue processing transactions through Amazon Pay when issuers request SCA. Find out more.

According to our records, you are using Amazon Pay in your shop. If so, you can easily update your Amazon Pay integration to benefit from these new features.

Upgrade now

For more information, please visit the support section on our website or get in touch with your account manager or our merchant support team.

Kind regards,
The Amazon Pay team

John M
Advanced Member

459 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/27/2021 :  06:35:11  
Amazon Pay has completely stopped working!

Are you going to get this fixed?

John

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7668 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2021 :  06:45:31  
quote:
If so, you can easily update your Amazon Pay integration to benefit from these new features.

Hi John,

Isn't this something you or the client can do by logging into their Amazon Pay account?

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

Edited by - Phil on 05/27/2021 06:46:21

John M
Advanced Member

459 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/27/2021 :  09:23:06  
Hi Phil,

The Amazon Pay integration needs to be updated to the new version so it is compliant with with PSD2.

This is something that only Vince can do.

Many thanks,

John

Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
973 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/19/2023 :  18:51:44  
I want to add Amazon Pay to my website just as another payment option for my customers. I think I may be missing a file however. The integration seems to be correct as far as the access keys, etc. When I click on Login with Amazon, a popup window opens which allows me to sign in to my Amazon account. However instead of propagating to an Amazon payment page, I am receiving a 404 Server Error. The error page address is posted below. I am thinking I'm missing a file someplace? I'm currently using ASP v7.6.2

https://www.usafleetsupply.com/cart.asp?amazonpay=go&access_token=Atza%7CIwEBIAEsSK0-P9qjVLeDkkUrOA6pgPcUo55sq_8qkZ3nlp_UaSteSlSexchTZl1QUX6mGBj99lLfhZmqOdQ9D4dMsoBzrciA3CE1vLY8VLrCu8PRZMsjVqX55lD4HbtE0G7_QWBq2U0UCt2OTQRVEgPVPS8ZE9xH8GdhuqOXdjycDvKghj2spDUv61EBebEIAz84ec8mpVckShyAsDdS5v02lJoYOP1VXsKSwkGR7c0V7dd2rm-AyOipH-5CbKtmX0jSNPIOXh2UtlK_MQpxdiJS1526eK8_OelzrSZARHUZ92Z9bWkXnHt9IHOUlnDuNw2Dw5chbhzuO3AGTwyQPOUOYgQx2w4bjA3uOtWFT1Ss-ALQTPfE4qSSHti_vhXYXCJVWQOYBHx17skP4VlHWEMKz1Pq&token_type=bearer&expires_in=2745&scope=profile%20postal_code%20payments%3Awidget%20payments%3Ashipping_address
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000