RJB
Ecommerce Template Expert

United Kingdom
789 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/29/2022 :  05:41:34  
Hi,

Is it possible to change the 'Add to cart' button text shown on the product page for articles? To 'View article' for example.. If not I can just not display the button at all.

Thanks,

Richard.

Edited by - RJB on 04/29/2022 09:51:46

ITZAP
Ecommerce Template Guru

Australia
1016 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2022 :  19:09:52  
Hi Richard,

In ECT v7.2.1 released March 2020 there was a new parameter added named $articlepagelayout and you just need to read the forum topic named "How to enter Articles into Ecommerce Templates" here =>

Gary

EllenD
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
434 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2024 :  06:19:13  
Old topic, but I have the same question. On my normal products, I have the button on each product on products page as "View & Buy", like this
$xxPrDets='View & Buy';

I have just set up the articles - great feature! I'd like to keep the button, but "View & Buy" does not make sense on the button for articles. I have followed Gary's very helpful setup instructions, where I can see how to hide the button for articles, but not change the text.

Is there a way to change the button text for just the articles, please?

Thank you

Vince
Administrator

42685 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2024 :  11:21:29  
Hi EllenD
That seems like a reasonable thing to want to do so if you set a value in your includes.php file for $xxArDets such as...

$xxArDets='View Article';

...then that text will be used for articles.

The changes necessary for this are in the v7.8.0 updater in the incfunctions.php file.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

EllenD
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
434 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2024 :  06:41:49  
Hi Vince,

Wow that's great, thank you for the quick service! I have downloaded the update and it worked perfectly.

Just in case it helps others, I had put a bit of a work-around on my products.php which allowed me tweak the layout for the blog. I created a 'Blog' category, it had ID of 60, so I put this to format the photo differently than my other products pages. Any other tweaks could go in here too.

<!--If 'blog' -->
<?php
if ($catid == 60) {
$nobuyorcheckout=TRUE;
echo "<style>div.prodimage{max-width:100%;margin:0 0 10px 0}</style>";
} ?>

Ellen
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000