Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

steven vaccaro
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2022 :  09:19:58  
I used to see activity, Now there isn't anything being logged in there since the 7.48 update?

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2022 :  03:47:36  
Hi Steven
Events are still logged but are deleted by default after a year. Could that be the problem here?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

steven vaccaro
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2022 :  06:47:01  
It used to keep track of logins, from multiple employees. I use this area when we suspect a problem. The last update was April 2022, there should be several thousand logs in that file.

steven vaccaro
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2023 :  08:53:15  
I still have not activity in this area. Id like to use it, what should I look for that may be causing issues here?

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10385 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2023 :  09:17:50  
Hi Steven, if a user has ticked the box "stay logged in", it will not record the login there.
You should be able to test that by deleting your cookies for the site, then log in and it should be recorded there.

Thanks,
David

steven vaccaro
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2023 :  09:46:06  
Thanks, Dave, we log in from 5 different pc's from 3 different internet providers. And that's just the workstations. I have two other people who login from their phones. I believe something should be in there. It always used to be.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10385 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2023 :  09:51:13  
For me, since the beginning, it only recorded logins on first time, if the user ticked the remember me box.
Now transactions on the other hand, Paypal direct would record all payments, but we switched to square, and those do not record there.
I suppose Vince could shed some light on any changed that may have occured in the admin log.

Have you made any changes to the site?
Particularly this setting?
quote:
Turn off PA-DSS compliance features

Changes in the way the cart is assessed for PA-DSS means that we no longer have to have some of the more annoying features enabled by default. That means that you will not be logged out of admin after 15 minutes, that the admin back button will work, that you don't have to change your password every 90 days and can go back to an old favourite password. If you DO want to enable those features then just set the parameter...

padssfeatures=TRUE

David

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2023 :  03:09:01  
Hi David
Yes, you are correct and there is less logging now unless the padssfeatures=TRUE parameter is set. Do we need maybe a happy medium where important events are logged but without being logged out every 15 minutes?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10385 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2023 :  06:55:49  
Hi Vince, it does seem that's what Steven is asking for.

David

steven vaccaro
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2023 :  05:37:35  
Hi Dave and Vince,
the only changes have been the regular updates. As far as logs, there is nothing in there at all.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.01 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000