Author « Topic »  

tgorski
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
908 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/01/2023 :  07:02:48  
Based on the XML data from a recent transaction, the FedEx guy working with our client has suggested that the cart’s “FedEx Web Services” version for the cart is version 9 instead of the current version of 31, and as a result is EXTREMELY out of date and causing inaccurate shipping rate estimates.

He has asked "if there are any updates planned for the shopping cart to update the Rating Web Service?"

He also mentioned that FedEx "recently released FedEx APIs that are Restful APIs and if any new coding is needed for the update, it would be better to do that in the APIs".

Is is possible to get some idea as to when this can be corrected? We have disabled the shipping estimator function due to this problem, but our client would prefer to use it.

Tim Gorski

Vince
Administrator

42689 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2023 :  02:21:19  
Hi Tim
I will certainly look into this if it needs updating. However I really don't think that FedEx are going to return out of date rates because there are newer versions of the API. The new version of the API will allow for new features, etc, but the basic rates returned would still be the same. How about going through the usual process of trying the package weight, source and destination zips through the cart and through the FedEx website?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

tgorski

USA
908 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/02/2023 :  13:06:08  
Thanks for the reply, Vince ... I have shared your feedback with the FedEx agent, and recommended he compare the estimates to estimates from the FedEx website.

Just in case it is relevant, the client IS using a FedEx shipping platform and wants to use their discounted FedEx rates, which should already be used in the Shipping Estimator ... correct?

And are you using a FedEx API to calculate estimates or some other version of FedEx Web Services?

Tim Gorski

Vince
Administrator

42689 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2023 :  06:07:17  
Hi Tim
You need your FedEx account number as part of the registration process so yes, they should send you the discount rates.

The same process is used for the shipping estimates as for the actual shipping rates. The only reason it is called an estimate is because it will assume the destination location details unless set.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2024 :  09:43:13  
I just received an email from FedEx saying that the current integration will expire and no longer work as of May 14, 2024. It says to please begin upgrading to the new FedEx RESTful APIs. The email says there is more information at the FedEx Developer Portal: https://click.message.fedex.com/?qs=61fe21bb1f1a3963f6aa9ac0a16fe78e7b83ff62b9414c06aee180f6a72052cafe56c2355aac6380bf926ea5a945f54aa4be3f04a8b39d14dcf13e4a8ca7343f

I realize I am ASP and this is the PHP forum, but it applies to all, right?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Kelley

Ecommerce PlusASP v7.7.3

Vince
Administrator

42689 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2024 :  07:09:33  
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000