PayPal V1/payments endpoint depreciated
Author « Topic »  

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2023 :  11:42:08  
Hello Vince,

As discussed we have recently encountered multiple failed orders on a daily basis using the new PayPal Direct Payments API integration.

We have contacted PayPal merchant support and have provided them with copies of the debug code for the API requests and API responses and they have noticed that we are using V1/payments endpoint. Apparently this was depreciated long ago and this is why customer transactions are failing at present. We need to urgently upgrade to V2/payments endpoint as outlined here:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/payments/v2/

I'm surprised that the integration is still using V1 as this was depreciated some years ago but apparently only now it has been depreciated altogether.

Please can you urgently look into this matter and provide a solution to avoid further transactions failing on our website.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kev

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2023 :  03:43:41  
Hi Kev
I will look into this but deprecated does not mean retired and I'm really not sure this is going to be the reason for sporadic failed transactions. I've got a call with PayPal next week anyway so I'll look more into this then.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2023 :  04:13:54  
Hi Vince,

The failed transaction customers that we have spoken to so far have advised that when they enter their credit card details and then proceed to their bank 3D secure screen and enter their credentials for submission, either a blank screen appears or a continous swirling symbol. Other customers have advised that they are redirected back to the PayPal login screen after entering their card details even though they do not hold a PayPal account?

Hoping to get this resolved ASAP as even today we have had two failed transactions.

Kev

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2023 :  08:51:05  
Hi Kev
quote:
when they enter their credit card details and then proceed to their bank 3D secure screen and enter their credentials for submission, either a blank screen appears or a continous swirling symbol.
Would it be possible to push PayPal support on the reasons for this maybe? I'm pretty sure it's not a case of PayPal turning 3D Secure off for the v1 endpoint at times, but not at others.

Vince

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2023 :  09:36:14  
Hi Vince, we will contact PayPal merchant support again.

Can you let me know if we need to enable caching on our cloudflare server, in particular on the shopping cart page? For over a year now we turned off the option of caching on our server, does this need to be enabled for the PayPal API to function correctly when taking card payments on our website?

Kev

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2023 :  06:32:52  
Hi Vince,

I have just emailed you a screenshot of what errors appear when a live transaction has been put through of my own. After the 3DS popup screen it rediverts back to the cart and a warning symbol appears in a new textbox that is added above the Credit Card Number box. It does not provide any error messages, only the warning symbol in the new textbox?

Look forward to hearing from you

Kev

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2023 :  07:52:12  
Hi Kev
quote:
Can you let me know if we need to enable caching on our cloudflare server, in particular on the shopping cart page?
I'll have a look for your email now.

Vince

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2023 :  07:54:03  
Hi Vince,

Unfortunately this problem persists, i noticed in our PayPal Developer Dashboard under our Apps & Credentials we currently do not have a Return URL setup after live payments are completed.

Can you advise if we need to add a URL in this field?

Kev

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2023 :  01:42:50  
Hi Kev
For PayPal Checkout you don't need to fill that field as it is automatically generated by the cart.

Vince

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2023 :  04:25:12  
Hi Vince,

Any idea when v2/endpoints will be ready to install?

Kev

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2023 :  01:21:27  
Hi Kev
It is on the list but at the same time, it seems your problem here really isn't coming down to the V1/V2 endpoints, no?

Vince

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000