Author « Topic »  

Fingertech
Advanced Member

Canada
318 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/06/2023 :  12:38:55  
Hi, I've attempted to add items to a cart and click the "Share Cart" button to a customer, but when they click the link I send them the cart is empty.
I won't say it's broken since I might not be using it correctly. I searched for a help file describing how this feature is supposed to function but couldn't find anything. Where are the instructions for Share Cart?

Thanks in advance.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10385 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2023 :  13:46:17  
Hi, you must make sure you do not visit the link too, or it will give you the cart back and the other party will see an empty cart.
Is it possible you clicked the link as well, before they had the chance?

David

Fingertech
Advanced Member

Canada
318 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/06/2023 :  14:24:59  
Interesting to know it works that way, but no I did not visit the link after creating it and sending it to them.
It does seem to work when I send myself the link in a private browser, so maybe there is something broken that my customer was experiencing. Is there any instructions written for it so I can follow along and figure it out?

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10385 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2023 :  14:45:00  
Hi, I could only fine where it's mentioned in the updater forum when it was introduced
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=111778

I think it's just a matter of having permission in the client account (which it seems you have done) and then clicking the button to get the link, copy the link and close your browser.
Send the link and be sure you do not revisit the cart until that party has clicked the link, or you will take the cart back.
So you will take the cart back by clicking the link, or revisiting the cart - in those scenarios, the link would not work.
So perhaps you revisited the cart before that party had a chance to click the link?

Thanks,
David

Fingertech
Advanced Member

Canada
318 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/23/2023 :  08:17:40  
Did some testing today. Things work as they should between browsers on my own PC, but as soon as I share to someone else (a different PC in the same room or even my own cell phone) it doesn't work.
The customer cart says "The cart was copied successfully" but has 0 items in it.

Maybe Vince or someone can look into this?

smolu
Starting Member

4 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/30/2023 :  11:33:37  
I am having the exact same issue: Things work as they should between browsers on my own PC, but as soon as I share with someone else (a different PC in the same room or even my own cell phone), it doesn't work.
The customer cart says, "The cart was copied successfully" but has 0 items in it.

Is there a fix for this? I am on PHP 7.5.4

Thanks!
Sonny

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2023 :  03:26:43  
I'm sorry this didn't get fixed first time round but it's sorted now and I've added the fix to the updater.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

smolu
Starting Member

4 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/31/2023 :  09:58:34  
Thank you, Vince, for the reply. Do I need to re-download the 7.6.2, which I had download, I think two days ago?

Edited by - smolu on 08/31/2023 09:59:18

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2023 :  03:17:27  
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000