PHP (Unix / Linux / Apache) versions
 direct payment add to cart issue? -SOLVED
Author « Topic »  

drivers
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
890 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2023 :  20:11:10  
Im on version 7.5.5. No issues with upgrade so far, everything still works the same. However, I didnt want it all to work the same, I have an issue I had hoped the updater would have fixed. But it didnt, so Im posting here because I know you will all have the answers.

Issue: add to cart works for every product I have, EXCEPT direct payments. Direct payments was set up per the instructions where people can add a payment of any amount to the cart. Let me clarify: If I close chrome, and reopen chrome and navigate to direct payments, fill out the form and click submit, it takes me to the cart but says nothing is in the cart. This repeats indefinitely. However, if I add another product to the cart (any product) and then go back to direct payments, it WILL add the direct payment to the cart. Once I have added the payment to the cart, it functions as it should... until I close the browser again. Once I close the browser and navigate to the direct payment and click submit after filling it out, takes me to the cart and says nothing is in the cart. This is what my new customers are stating as well, and old customers state the same if they close the browser and reopen the browser on a different date.

NOTES:
Site is already on HTTPS, does not go from non https to https.
https setting is set in the admin
Works on safari, and firefox. Appears to be chrome issue only
I dont know how long this has been happening, as a client just brought it up to me today. However, it does explain all of the calls to make a payment over the phone instead of the website. I didnt used to get those calls.
Chrome version: Version 110.0.5481.77 (Official Build) (x86_64)
I am thinking it may be a session cookies thing, but weird it only appears to fail on chrome in a new browser/fresh browser.

Can someone guide me on this situation? I need to fix this issue.

When it gets late at night, go to bed... try again tomorrow.

Edited by - drivers on 02/17/2023 18:39:41

drivers

USA
890 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2023 :  20:23:52  
More NOTES:

If I click on the link to view all items (the text within $xxGetSta=""), and then go to direct payments it works. (from fresh browser open)

If I go to contact us page, and then from there to make payments, it works. (from fresh browser open)

If I go to direct payments, it does not work (from fresh browser open)

If I click on continue shopping and then go to direct payments, it does not work. (from fresh browser open)

I am confused on this one, they are all on https... not switching from www. to https or back again.

I do not have any special coding on any of the pages, they are all ect coded

I only have this problem adding direct payment (possibly gift certificate purchase too, but havent checked that one)

drivers

USA
890 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2023 :  20:29:41  
Even more notes:

If I open a fresh window, direct payment does not work. However, gift certificate will add to cart.

Once I add a gift certificate to the cart, then it acts as if adding any other item to the cart and the direct payment function will work.

without adding an item to the cart, and without clicking throughout the site first, direct payment function does not work.

I need this to work for my clients, as they get an invoice with a link to this page to pay. If they are using chrome (according to my site stats majority of users use chrome to visit my site) then they wont be able to make the payment and call me to make payment over the phone instead. I need them to be able to make the payment with this direct payment on this page, without having to go "round about" ways to do it. Any ideas?

midvalleydrifter001

USA
931 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2023 :  21:31:14  
Is this your direct payments page you're having issues with?

https://www (DOT) riversideav.com/securepaymentwindow.php

If it is I just tried it on a fresh Chrome browser and was able to get past "Pay Now" and land on the Cart page.

I did this directly from the secure payment page. I didn't start anywhere else.

I tried it first with an older Chrome version: 109.0.5414.120 then updated to version: 110.0.5481.78

Both worked as expected.

Patrick

drivers

USA
890 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2023 :  21:33:46  
Not working for my clients across the US :/. Did you enter an amount, with decimal, name, and invoice id details?

drivers

USA
890 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2023 :  21:35:29  
Also, thanks for helping me look into this. When you clicked "Pay now" did it add it to the cart for you? Show in the cart and available for check out?

midvalleydrifter001

USA
931 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2023 :  21:36:48  
Yes... it showed in the cart after clicking "Pay Now" and I was able to click on Checkout and get to page 2 of the cart.

I stopped there.

Patrick

drivers

USA
890 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2023 :  21:50:37  
I am still having the original issue here. Even with cache deleted, history erased, and fresh browser on newest update. Multiple computers, multiple households, across the state. What state are you in? Perhaps there is something weird in the servers? I dont know how that works, but I am still getting complaints and manually taking orders. Any ideas why it will not be working on tablets, phones, mac computers, and windows machines using chrome in this area? I just had more friends check on their devices who havent been to the site before. Same issue.

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2023 :  03:01:13  
Hi Drivers
I just tried in Chrome and no problem at all for me either. It really does sound a bit like a caching issue but saying that I don't see any cache headers for the donation or cart page on your site. Have you tried a <Ctrl>+F5 on the cart page to see if the items appear?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1192 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2023 :  03:16:00  
I have just tried from Manchester, UK & landed on the Billing Details page. Situation appears normal ! Tried in Google Chrome Version 109.0.5414.120 (Official Build) (64-bit), then updated Chrome to Version 110.0.5481.78 (Official Build) (64-bit) & that's fine too

Will, in for Steve

Edited by - 1818charlie on 02/10/2023 03:18:59

drivers

USA
890 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2023 :  23:28:30  
Thank you for checking everyone! Glad to hear its normal for most out there in the world :) Vince, I am thinking its a caching issue, I will try ctrl F5 and see if that makes the donation (direct payment I call it) appear. Maybe I need some cache headers on the cart page? I do have caching in an access file for the site, but perhaps I need it on the specific page to assist with the direct payment? I am puzzled, since gift certificate works every time, but donation fails unless something else is added to the cart, or I navigate to other pages first and then back to the donations page. Im baffled. Once I have it in the cart it works as it should. Ill post results of F5 later

drivers

USA
890 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2023 :  00:07:40  
the hard reload (ctrl f5 on windows, shift refresh on MACosx) did not make a difference.

When I navigate to the payment page, and enter the amount, it takes me (and others) to a cart that says that it is empty.
When I navigate from the empty cart page (using the navigation menu), back to the payments page and do it again. It works.

If I land on the empty cart, and select continue shopping, and then navigate to the payment page it does not work, empty cart.

If I select view all items from the empty cart, then navigate from that page to the payments page, it works.

I am baffled.

I have deleted cache, refreshed the page, hard reload the cache... nothing appears to correct this for me on chrome (I am needing something I can tell the clients when they say it isnt working for them and the cart is empty)

Perhaps there is some caching code I can include on the page to correct this issue for me?

drivers

USA
890 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2023 :  00:32:39  
Vince, I sent you an email with a video showing the issue. Im hoping that its something you are able to figure out, because I am stumped.

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2023 :  03:36:00  
Hi Drivers
I just tried a test on your site and you can access the site via both the www. and the non-www. forms of the URL. I know you mentioned above that that is not the cause, but it's the most common cause for this kind of thing and it's a really, really good thing to clear up as it can cause customers to lose cart contents. So I would add something like this to the .htaccess file changing the example of course for your site URL. This will do both the www. and http to https in one go. Then make sure your Store URL is set to the HTTPS version in the ECT Admin -> Main Settings page...

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^example\.com [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) https://www.example.com/$1 [L,R=301]

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

drivers

USA
890 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2023 :  18:39:03  
Changing the htaccess file to reflect the code you posted appears to work and fixed the issue so far for me. I havent heard anything from clients saying its not working for them and I received orders this week so THANK YOU!

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000