Technical
 PHP (Unix / Linux / Apache) versions
 Using Terms and Conditions
Author « Topic »  

dhagood100

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2023 :  11:39:15  
I've reviewed the board how to use terms and conditions and understand how to do it.

However, can this be done for terms and conditions for a single product or does it have to apply for all? Or is this a global setting?

I would like the user to check off items of agreement after viewing them on items within certain products.

Thanks,
D Hagood

David Hagood

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10385 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2023 :  12:22:20  
Just make a product option for that product - Set it up as required and make it a "radio button" type with a single option asking if they agree to the product terms.

They cannot load it into the cart unless they agree this way.
It will also show on the receipt that they agreed.

Thanks,
David

dhagood100

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2023 :  12:28:23  
Agreed, that is how I have been doing it to date. However, was looking to see if there was a method to force a popup. Currently, I added it to the product description, then as you note, have an acceptance yes or no.

David Hagood

dhagood100

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2023 :  12:34:59  
Interesting side Note for Terms, conditions or others.

Using the Tool Tip of an option you can add HTML/Page Code to the tool tip and it will display as a pop up of sorts.

David Hagood

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10385 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2023 :  14:26:56  
Hi David, that's right.
There is also a trick built in where you can add two hash signs (or pound signs depending on how old you are) ## and add your own custom popup code.
I personally use fancybox lightbox popups for my tool tips.
Try the tooltips on this page - https://www.trophykitsDOTcom/proddetail.asp?prod=12SGL

I think it you have special terms (where a customer must accept them) for a single product, then it may be best to use the options to handle that.

David
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000