Author « Topic »  

tgorski
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
908 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/03/2023 :  09:00:38  
I was able to get my client to add me to his paypal account, but when I looked into enabling Checkout v2 it said I didn't have the appropriate permissions, and upon digging a little further to see if I could tell my client what permissions I need I cam across this from PayPal:

If you don't know which permissions to select, contact your shopping cart or solution provider for details. Grant only the permissions they need for the services that they provide.

Can anyone help with that?

For whatever reason, setting up PayPal Checkout v2 has taken more time than we'd like. Is there a more complete resource on the procedure?

Tim Gorski

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2023 :  11:42:04  
Hi Tim
For the PayPal account owner it should be simply to go to the ECT Admin -> Payment Providers page. Click on the PayPal Checkout wizard, agree and that's it. If you don't already have a PayPal Business account there may be more steps. If they want to delegate this job to you I'm really not sure what permissions you would need to tell the truth but it would be pretty much complete administrator permissions for the PayPal account as you have to agree to all the conditions, etc.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

tgorski

USA
908 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/21/2023 :  11:59:06  
Enabling Checkout v2 for PayPal went fantastically smooth and easy, then the client asks how he should ship it and we recommended getting an account with USPS or ShipStation, and I sent him the ShipStatsion sign up link.

When I followed up today he said he was able to ship all orders through ShipStation (which I confirmed via the transaction report in his PayPal account), even though the shopping cart had NOT been configured with his ShipStation account info, suggesting no further setup was necessary for the cart? Or is the ShipStation account info necessary BEFORE the shopping cart offers are automatically marked as shipped or completed? If THAT is true, how do we force the cart to update with ShipStation?

When I entered what he thought was his ShipStation username and password, I was prompted that it was successful, and I was able to verify the info was saved, but AGAIN, I don't know whether further configuration is necessary on the cart side OR in ShipStation?

My client says it's working but I could sure use a clearer understanding of what to expect ... it feels incomplete but I don't know why OTHER THAN the cart orders are not being updated by ShipStation.

Or is the client supposed to mark the shipped orders in the cart as complete?

I like how easy this seems, but it feels like further setup is necessary...?

Tim Gorski

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10385 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2023 :  12:06:29  
Hi Tim, it sounds like the client is using shipstation with Paypal.
Otherwise, I don't think Paypal would have any way to know if the order had shipped.
Once you enter the details in ect, the rest is setup in ship station, including order status's mapped and other optional settings.

It sounds like the client ship station account is connected to paypal and not the store. If that's the case, the store cannot update with shipment details.

David

Edited by - dbdave on 08/21/2023 12:07:15

tgorski

USA
908 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/22/2023 :  06:18:12  
Thanks, Dave ... that's what I thought... PayPal must retrieve transaction data through the Checkout v2 connection?

Tim Gorski

pauld
Advanced Member

USA
475 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2023 :  11:56:56  
Tim, we're a little late to this thread and plan to enable PayPal v2 within the next few days.

1. The PayPal / Shipstation integration does take the order information to populate a lot of data in the shipping screen. We've been using PayPal / Shipstation with the old v1 PayPal integration and it's saved us a lot on UPS shipping costs and order processing time.

I have heard from others that if you buy an enormous quantity of labels each week from UPS you *might* be able to negotiate lower rates through your local UPS rep, but for us the PayPal / Shipstation rates are far lower than what we were getting through our negotiated UPS rate.

2. For many years now we've been paying PayPal a $30 monthly fee for API access, billed as "Web Site Payment Pro Account Monthly Fee".

- Am I right that we can expect this monthly fee to continue after we change to the PayPal v2 setup, with direct payment card payments?

Thanks in advance for any comments on this.

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2023 :  05:34:53  
Hi pauld
quote:
2. For many years now we've been paying PayPal a $30 monthly fee for API access, billed as "Web Site Payment Pro Account Monthly Fee".

- Am I right that we can expect this monthly fee to continue after we change to the PayPal v2 setup, with direct payment card payments?
I think you'll have to talk to your PayPal account rep for the answer to this one to tell the truth.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000