Author « Topic »  

RJB
Ecommerce Template Expert

United Kingdom
789 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/08/2023 :  15:25:27  
I just noticed that the phone numbers are missing from the delivery details on quite a few orders received over the past few days. Instead of a phone number they show 'xxx-xxx-xxxx'. The affected orders all appear to be paid by PayPal Checkout although not all are affected. It may be just customers who use the Express Checkout option? I updated to 7.6.3 last week so this may be connected.

Richard.

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7668 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2023 :  02:15:45  
Hi Richard,
One of my clients has had the same issues with a few od their orders too but I've not managed to work out if they're using PayPal express, but I have questioned if their PayPal account has the phone number as a required entry, and they have.

I'm assuming this is using the new PayPal Checkout?

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

RJB

United Kingdom
789 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/09/2023 :  03:54:28  
Hi Phil,

Yes, this is using the new PayPal Checkout. I'm not certain whether the affected orders were completed using the PayPal Express option as they all just show as PayPal Checkout now.

Richard.

RJB

United Kingdom
789 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/12/2023 :  14:31:34  
Hi, Just wondering if there is a solution or update to resolve this issue.

Richard.

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2023 :  12:00:10  
Hi Richard / Phil
Sorry I've taken a while to get to this but I've been trying test orders again and everything seems to be working as it should be. Before I go pulling things apart, can you too check that the phone number is a required field, Richard? To do this...

1. Log in to your PayPal account at paypal.com.
2. Click the gear icon -> Account Settings.
3. Click Website Payments.
4. By Website Preferences, click Update.
5. In Contact telephone number, choose "On (Required Field)" for Contact Telephone:

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

RJB

United Kingdom
789 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/16/2023 :  12:30:40  
Hi Vince,

Thanks for coming back on this.. I have checked our PayPal account settings as directed and I can confirm that Contact Phone Number is set to 'On (Required Field).

The missing phone number issue only started around a week ago so presumably must be due to a change in the ECT software or PayPal. Oddly, some orders show the phone number on the billing and delivery details correctly whilst on others it is missing from the delivery details or it is missing from both. Rather than being blank, the missing phone number fields show 'xxx-xxx-xxxx'. When I look up the affected transactions in our PayPal account the phone numbers are included there.

Richard.

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2023 :  11:43:09  
Hi Richard
With PayPal Express orders, when the order is created on the last checkout page we don't yet have access to the phone number so the "xxx-xxx-xxxx" is just a placeholder to make the validation happy. Then when the customer clicks through to the thanks page to confirm the order, we get the actual phone number from the account and update the order. The thing is though, the phone number is updated whatever along with the new order status so even if it were sent back blank, you wouldn't seen the "x"'s. So the question is, were these orders actually completed and with an "Authorized" status, etc?

Vince

RJB

United Kingdom
789 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/18/2023 :  12:24:20  
Hi Vince, Thank you for looking into this. I can confirm that the affected orders have 'New Order' status and the payments are completed successfully. I'm fairly certain that the issue started when I updated from 7.6.2 to 7.6.3.

Richard.

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2023 :  03:39:45  
Hi Richard
Ok, I'm stumped as I really can't see how the order can be updated to the "new order" status without updating the telephone number. Could you send me (vince AT ecommercetemplates DOT com) the site FTP login details along with the order id of some of the affected orders and I'll have a look to see if I can find the pattern.

Vince

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2023 :  07:10:54  
Hi Richard and Phil
I do believe I have a solution and the problem was to do with the $autobillingtoshipping parameter. Changes in the updater in the incthanks.php file.

Vince

RJB

United Kingdom
789 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/21/2023 :  08:50:45  
Hi Vince, I have added the update and will let you know if there are any further issues.

Many thanks,

Richard.

RJB

United Kingdom
789 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/21/2023 :  13:18:25  
Hi Vince,

I installed the updated incthanks.php file earlier this evening and since then have received a few Paypal orders with phone numbers correctly included. Unfortunately though, the last order received is showing 'xxx-xxx-xxxx' again, so it seems that the problem isn't completely solved...

Richard.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.01 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000