General
 Suggestions - NOT QUESTIONS
 Payment Options Modernized and Demystified
Author « Topic »  

Graham Slaughter
Ecommerce Template Expert

821 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2023 :  08:09:23  
Sorry this is a little long. I think it is important.

I'm guessing that most ECT users have a card processor that they lean into for their own reasons. There's awesomely a LOT of options built in there that we can integrate through - but credit card processing has become just one of many ways of accepting payment in eCommerce. Ecommerce today is increasingly payment option diverse. Paypal, Pay Later, Amazon Pay, Apple pay, gPay, Venmo, you name it, the payments screen is no longer just a credit cart accepting interface and individual processors are no longer just a single payment method in and of themselves.

"Paypal" used to just mean Paypal, but now the Paypal option also includes "Paypal, Venmo, Pay Later, Pay Over Time, Debit Card (or even connected bank accounts!)"

"Square" now includes Credit Card, gPay, Apple Pay, Masterpass.

Because of this, the old method of choosing from multiple payment options on the 2nd cart page no longer does these things justice. You get this:

There's no way to illustrate to a customer that on our website those 2 options can in fact include 7 total options that the customer would never guess at and only run into. There are entire digital wallets out there that reduce barrier to purchase which means more sales for us if we can clearly offer our customer those choices.

A customer forced to choose between unknown and uncertain options might not complete an order if they known what options were actually hiding under those radio buttons.

I'm suggesting that the cart page instead allow multiple options to be shown on the 3rd cart page instead of making them choose on the second page. Here's a quick mockup I made:

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000