PHP (Unix / Linux / Apache) versions
 Paypal Phone Number xxx-xxx-xxxx
Author « Topic »  

RJB
Ecommerce Template Expert

United Kingdom
789 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2024 :  15:43:35  
Hi, I've posted previously about a problem with PayPal orders showing the customers phone number (billing and/or shipping) as xxx-xxx-xxxx. Despite installing the latest fix / 7.6.4 update this is still happening. This only affects certain orders, possibly just PayPal Express, but I'm not certain. If I check the transaction details in our Paypal account the customers phone numbers are listed, but for some reason these are not transferred to our website. Telephone number 'mandatory' is set on our Paypal account. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Richard.

Vince
Administrator

42632 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2024 :  15:41:15  
Hi Richard
Does this happen for all PayPal Express orders? Do they still show as unauthorized or are they authorized in the ECT Admin -> Orders page?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

RJB

United Kingdom
789 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2024 :  16:12:47  
Hi Vince, The issue does not affect all Paypal orders ..probably less than half of them. The affected orders are authorised. If I go to my Paypal account I can see that the phone numbers are listed there.

Richard.

Vince
Administrator

42632 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2024 :  01:06:25  
Hi Richard
I've been over the code and the phone number is set when the order is authorized now. This was a problem with the first releases of PayPal Checkout but was resolved with this change. Because of the way it works now it's quite hard to see how the phone number could not be set if the order is authorized. (The xxx-xxxx-etc is a placeholder for pre-authorization with the Express Checkout flow.) Could you do me a favor and just get the latest v7.6 updater and copy all the files to your site one more time and see if that cures the problem? Then if this happens again we can start pulling things apart but hopefully it's just a file got missed in the update.

Vince

RJB

United Kingdom
789 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2024 :  17:40:06  
Hi Vince, I downloaded the latest 7.6 updater and installed it on my site as suggested, but unfortunately this did not solve the problem. I also checked my Paypal account settings and tried making some changes there, but this didn't help either.

Richard.

Vince
Administrator

42632 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2024 :  03:15:04  
Hi Richard
quote:
Hi Vince, I downloaded the latest 7.6 updater and installed it on my site as suggested
Please note that any changes in the updater won't affect orders taken previously, only new orders. So if this is still happening for new orders I guess I should dig in and see what is happening so could you send the site FTP login to my email (vince AT ecommercetemplates DOT com)

Vince

Vince
Administrator

42632 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2024 :  22:01:19  
Hi Richard
I took a look at your orders and could only find orders with "xxx-etc" as the phone number when they are unauthorized and this is really as expected. It's only when the customer gives the final authorization that the phone number is shared with the shopping cart so until then we have the "x's" as a placeholder. If you don't think that's the case, could you possibly let me know the id of an order that is authorized and with the x's?

Vince

RJB

United Kingdom
789 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2024 :  06:11:47  
Hi Vince, I have just sent an email with details of the last 5 Paypal orders with xxx phone numbers. These are shown as new / authorised orders and the payments appear completed in my Paypal account.

Richard.

Vince
Administrator

42632 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2024 :  04:11:14  
Hi Richard
The issue with phone numbers of "xxx-xxx-xxxx" appearing in orders has been fixed now in the v7.6 updater.

However there was still a problem with some phone numbers missing in the shipping address and I've fixed this now too. But the resolution for this is to make the phone number required in the shipping address as it should be, especially as most shipping carriers would call before delivery. It's quite a big change though to add to the stability release so I've added this to the v7.7 release.

Vince

RJB

United Kingdom
789 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2024 :  07:45:07  
Hi,

I've been experiencing problems since changing over to PayPal Checkout. I initially reported the issue about the 'xxx' placeholder text in place of the phone number and I think this was resolved, but I'm still getting unauthorised orders with the 'xxx' placeholders. I have been in contact with some of the affected customers and they are under the impression that the transactions were completed even though the payments are not actually processed.

I have now tested this myself and can reproduce this error using the PayPal Express Checkout option. After completing the PayPal checkout part it goes back to the final checkout page on our website where it says 'You must click here to complete your purchase'. On this page it has Coupon Code, Additional Information, How did you hear about us and Delivery fields. It appears that these fields are not working correctly as the 'How did you hear about us' field (dropdown options) causes the following error: Invalid: How did you hear about us'. If I clear the error message it just goes to the thanks.php page where It says 'Thank You' with no other information. The orders remain unauthorised and unpaid.

I have had to disable the Express Checkout option temporarily but would like to get this resolved if possible.

Richard.

Vince
Administrator

42632 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2024 :  08:30:25  
Hi Richard
Are you sure you have all the latest updates? There were two separate fixes for this problem at different times.

Vince

RJB

United Kingdom
789 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2024 :  08:59:29  
Hi Vince,

I'm using version 7.7.6 which I downloaded and fully installed on 22/6.

Richard.

Vince
Administrator

42632 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2024 :  11:26:26  
Hi Richard
Could you get the latest updater and apply that fully just so we know that all the scripts are the latest. Then assuming the problem still occurs could you send me the site FTP login to my email (vince AT ecommercetemplates DOT com) and I'll take a look at what is happening.

Vince

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000