Author « Topic »  

Dermontti
Advanced Member

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2024 :  07:56:57  
Hello,

We are currently on version 7.6.4

This seems to be somewhat of an edge or corner case, but we had a customer get an error on thanks.asp from paypal.

We placed a similar order and were able to replicate the error multiple times, but not every time as it seems sporadic.

When we investigated, it looked like there was a delay from Paypal in sending the IPN (a temp heavy server load and que? I am guessing Paypal may have an auth an webhook/ipn api that is separate, or at least a separate response), however, the payment went through right away.

Based on my experience, I would say this could be an async code issue with the Paypal API sending it late, or the thanks.asp page javascript tries to execute sync and if the Paypal API has high traffic and a slow response, it throws an error since the thanks.asp page has still not received the IPN, but starts running on a successful initial response.

Is the handling for the paypal IPN async? If this is not the issue, does anyone have any idea what it would be?

Thanks!

Vince
Administrator

42688 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2024 :  10:30:14  
Hi Dermontti
None of the PayPal Checkout based flows rely on the IPN arriving now, so are you using one of the old integrations such as PayPal Standard? If so, are you able to update to PayPal Checkout as the old integrations are no longer supported by PayPal.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Dermontti
Advanced Member

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2024 :  05:46:17  
Thanks!

We will look into this.

Dermontti
Advanced Member

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2024 :  08:14:30  
Would this issue be resolved with and does ECT support: PayPal Payments Pro ?

https://developer.paypal.com/api/nvp-soap/paypal-payments-pro/

Vince
Administrator

42688 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2024 :  02:43:31  
Hi Dermontti
Everything has now moved to PayPal Checkout including PayPal Express, Direct (which is now Advanced Cards) and Standard. PayPal Checkout also includes local payment methods. But the old API’s are now deprecated and PayPal won’t support them.
There have been improvements with PayPal Checkout in the latest releases.

Vince

Dermontti
Advanced Member

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2024 :  05:38:01  
Ok thanks, but I am still confused.

We do not want Paypal express, so what do we choose to make it the non-deprecated version and still work as intended?

Vince
Administrator

42688 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2024 :  02:41:58  
Hi Dermontti
If you go through the PayPal Checkout setup wizard in the ECT admin - Payment Providers page. Then you can choose to enable Express or not or can have no cards either and just PayPal. But Checkout is the basis for it all.

Vince

Dermontti
Advanced Member

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2024 :  07:12:02  
Ok, I think I kind of understand, but not sure what the other mode would be if not Express.

Vince
Administrator

42688 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2024 :  06:08:38  
Hi Dermontti
quote:
but not sure what the other mode would be if not Express
The Express Checkout flow just means that you bypass the customer details form by logging in to your PayPal account on the first checkout page and getting your details from there. So the non-Express flow is just where you do enter your customer details as normal and you'll see the PayPal payment options on the page after that.

Vince

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000