Google Enhanced Conversions
Author « Topic »  

quadrant
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1110 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2024 :  03:37:34  
Hi,

We have been using the built in gtag setup for some time now and all reporting has been working fine.

Now Google have added enhanced conversions it seems reporting is a bit off and we have spent some time trying to get to the bottom of this with the agency we work with.

Following a call today with Google support where test transactions were placed they have said for enhanced conversions to work we need to be passing extra info with the order data.

At the very least they also need the email address which they have said is the one required bit of info they cannot see and is the very minimum for enhanced conversions to work.

Please could you confirm if this is passed through with order data or if not can it please be added?

I have another call scheduled with them on 27th June although I can move this if needed.

Regards,
David

Vince
Administrator

42641 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2024 :  06:25:08  
Hi David
I've been having a look at this and can't find the documentation on how to add the email address. Would your Google contact be able to point us in the right direction?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

quadrant
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1110 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2024 :  06:53:37  
Hi Vince,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have been sent the following link:
https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/9888656?hl=en-GB

My understanding is that we need to use javascript or css selectors and it seems the setup is slightly different for Google Tag and Google Tag Manager but for Google Tag (gtag) which I think ECT uses here is the info you will probably need:
https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/13258081#Specify_CSS_or_Javascript

In our gtag setup we have already added the 'allow_enhanced_conversions':true part so:
gtag('config', 'G-XXX');
becomes:
gtag('config','G-XXX', {'allow_enhanced_conversions':true});

On test transactions all the usual data was there but it was missing the info they need for enhanced conversions to work.

It was also confirmed our account was setup correctly.

At the very minimum you need the email address but of course the more info available with the order then the more accurate the reporting will be.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
David

Vince
Administrator

42641 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2024 :  02:23:05  
Hi David
I've been having a look through the instructions and I don't actually think you need any changes from us. I was thinking that the email address would need to be added to the data that is passed in the gtag but it seems not. Could you have a look at the section, "Identify enhanced conversions CSS selectors and input into Google Ads" and see if that helps? That should be all you need to do once you have changed the gtag in your header.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

quadrant
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1110 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2024 :  06:26:29  
Hi Vince,

I have spent the last couple of hours trying to set this up and followed the guide adding the CSS selectors for email and phone number.

I didn't use full name because we use first name, last name and also the address didn't look like it would work as it seems to be in one block on thanks.php
When you copy the address line selector each one uses the div:nth-child(X) selector which might confuse the reporting as each line (street, town, county) is likely to vary on each order.

After doing this I have gone to validate which it recommends you do straight away but the two URL's the docs mention do not seem to be present in the network tab and neither does the 'em' parameter in the payload tab.

I can see the conversion event in the page source but nothing anywhere for enhanced conversions.

Not sure where to turn now.

Regards,
David

John M
Advanced Member

459 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/19/2024 :  13:05:49  
I believe it won’t do anything without consent data being sent first with a unique identifier.

It would be a huge benefit to all to have this added to the ECT software.

John

Vince
Administrator

42641 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2024 :  03:11:50  

John M
Advanced Member

459 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/21/2024 :  04:32:07  
Hi Vince,

Certain US states like California are also requiring consent signals I believe but certainly all of Europe. Here is the help file that keeps popping up on google ads telling us how to implement.

https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/14546648?hl=en-GB

Many thanks,

John
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000