Next Page
Author « Topic »
Page: of 3

xxcfdrr
Advanced Member

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2021 :  11:44:27  
We watch our customer checkout process and I am intermittently seeing this error pop up preventing them from checking out. I've searched around a bit and haven't found any leads. Please help.

xxcfdrr
Advanced Member

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2021 :  12:08:21  
Forgot to mention about the TLS. Host protocols:

TLS 1.3 No
TLS 1.2 Yes
TLS 1.1 Yes
TLS 1.0 Yes

xxcfdrr
Advanced Member

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2021 :  13:52:23  
Just fixed this. Hopefully this will help someone out. UPS must have made a change today rendering our checkout process dead with the above error message.

Seems we were missing some installed cyphers on our server.

Stumbled across this page:
https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/technology-support/data-security.page

We were missing these:
TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256
TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256
TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256

Using IISCrypto.exe from here: https://www.nartac.com/Products/IISCrypto/

on our Windows 2012r2 server I was able to add these cypher suites and all is well.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10362 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2021 :  14:03:09  
quote:
Windows 2012r2

I expect this will not impact too many users as there should not be too many servers (at least with hosting companies) running that version.
It's quite old.

David

xxcfdrr
Advanced Member

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2021 :  14:06:45  
So everything is working fine, expect a few very weird issues in the ECT admin.

The info we had in the Email Admin, abandonedcart email is now blank.

The info we had in the Invoice & Packing Slip Headers / Footers:is now blank.

How is this even related to the cypher suite ??

xxcfdrr
Advanced Member

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2021 :  14:17:14  
Update, upon reentering the information into the abandoned cart email and the packingslip/invoice header, the info will not save. It says Update Successful! but the fields are blank.

Vince
Administrator

42641 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2021 :  02:37:12  
This is a bit strange. Could you send the site FTP login info to my email and I'll take a look.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Vince
Administrator

42641 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2021 :  12:26:59  
I got the FTP login details but can't actually find the store (I think I'm in a subdirectory but it isn't linked from the site home page so I don't know the URL), but I'm pretty sure I know what this is given what you mentioned in the email about the SQL Server driver. If you go to the ECT Admin -> STORE ADMIN -> Database Utility you will see...
VARCHAR(MAX) / TEXT / VARCHAR(8000)
Click on that and then try changing between VARCHAR(MAX) and TEXT. Some drivers play badly with MEMO data types. The most portable is the VARCHAR(8000) but if you have really long headers this can be truncated.
It's a good idea to take a backup of the database before doing anything with the Database Utility by the way.

Vince

kelleymoore
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2022 :  07:59:27  
Vince,

I'm having this issue but your suggestion sounds scary to me!

This is the UPS error I get:

There seems to be a problem connecting to the shipping rates server. Please wait a few moments and refresh your browser, or try a different shipping carrier.
Error, couldn't connect to https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate (-2147012739).
An error occurred in the secure channel support

Please advise.

Thanks,
Kelley
Ecommerce PlusASP v7.4.4

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2022 :  08:34:13  
Hi Kelley, I see you had this issue before and Hostek sorted it out https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=109348 can you perhaps check with them and post back to let us know when they fix it. The post by Vince is for a different issue the user was experiencing with email header/footers.

quote:
I am getting this result:

Testing URL: https://ipnpb.sandbox.paypal.com /cgi-bin/webscr
Error : Error, couldn't connect to https://ipnpb.sandbox.paypal.com /cgi-bin/webscr (-2147012739).

Then, when trying to go through the UPS set up in admin, I get this error:

UPS Developer Kit Licensing & Registration Wizard - Step 1

I'm sorry, there was an error

Error, couldn't connect to UPS server
403: (Forbidden)

Kelley

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2022 :  08:46:06  
Hi Marlene,

UPDATE: They have assured me that the TLS 1.2 is checked. They want to know if TLS 1.1 needs to be disabled.

I also ran a fresh updater and still no joy.

Dave, I use Hostek and they have me on a Windows 2012 R2 VPS.

Kelley
Ecommerce PlusASP v7.4.6

Edited by - kelleymoore on 01/28/2022 10:46:32

Vince
Administrator

42641 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2022 :  03:14:21  
Hi Kelley
quote:
UPDATE: They have assured me that the TLS 1.2 is checked. They want to know if TLS 1.1 needs to be disabled.
My understanding is that yes, you need to disable TLS1.1 as otherwise that will be used on older Windows servers.

Vince

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2022 :  10:52:39  
They turned off the TSL 1.1 but it didn't do any good. Still getting the UPS errors. When we use the tracking tool, we get this error:

The tracking system returned the following error : Error, couldn't connect to https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Track (-2147012739).

Kelley

Edited by - kelleymoore on 02/02/2022 11:40:36

xxcfdrr
Advanced Member

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2022 :  10:55:56  
This is the exact error we had. The host is likely missing some particular ciphers. See my original post above.

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2022 :  11:39:19  
xxcfdrr,

It appears you had some issues with things after you made those changes. Were those resolved?

Kelley

Vince
Administrator

42641 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2022 :  01:49:12  
quote:
They turned off the TSL 1.1 but it didn't do any good. Still getting the UPS errors. When we use the tracking tool, we get this error:
I'm sorry to hear that Kelley but the problem here is that this really is a problem your host needs to solve. From what I understand you CAN get TLS1.2 connections working on an older Windows server, but really the way to solve this is to move to an IIS10.0 server. Is it possible they can move you to something more up to date? I'm assuming you are on IIS8.5 (which you can see at the bottom of the admin dashboard page.)

Vince

xxcfdrr
Advanced Member

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2022 :  03:38:53  
The other issues we had were unrelated. We tried several things to fix the UPS error on checkout and in the process changed which SQL driver the server was using. In the end using IISCrypto to add the missing ciphers was the fix for us.

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2022 :  07:17:40  
Hi Kelley, I just went through this with that host it took about 4 days but they did fix it, just keep pushing them I believe it was Ivan that fixed it.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2022 :  08:59:05  
Thanks everyone. Still working with Hostek to fix this. I just don't understand how it was working on this same server and then suddenly it isn't. They said they did a recent server update (which Microsoft still supports, by the way) and I'm wondering if that created the issue.

Kelley

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2022 :  09:50:26  
The cipher thing fixed the issue!

Thank you all so much for your input.

Kelley

USA
973 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/26/2022 :  18:54:48  
I am having an issue with UPS returning very high shipping rates, just recently. This seems to have started happening around the second week of August (2022). I've never had this issue before, so I am not what has changed. My shopping cart abandonments have been outnumbering my completed sales on a daily basis, and I think I may have figured out why. My customers used to choose UPS for shipping the majority of the time, but now they are forced to choose between USPS and FedEx due to the tremendous shipping rates that UPS has been returning.

I've tried adding different items to my cart and shipping to different locations, but there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to the rates that UPS is returning. For example, I sell a business size cardstock item for $0.65. The weight of this item is 0.0625lbs. UPS returns a shipping rate of $20 to ship just 15 miles from my location. Testing similar products, the rates are also extraordinarily high, and this only happens with UPS.

There is something very obviously wrong with these UPS rates. I just stated noticing this around the second week of August. My last updater was applied several months ago, and I haven't made any changes to my main settings, so I am a bit bamboozled.

What could be causing these tremendous shipping rates being returned from UPS?
Page: of 3 « Topic »  
Next Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000