Previous Page | Next Page
Author « Topic »
Page: of 3

Vince
Administrator

42641 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2022 :  01:17:03  
Hi 1234
> I sell a business size cardstock item for $0.65. The weight of this item is 0.0625lbs. UPS returns a shipping rate of $20 to ship just 15 miles from my location.
This looks like a good one to investigate. Could you try setting the following parameter in the includes.asp file...
debugmode=TRUE
Then add that item to the cart and go through the rating process. You should get emails with the XML request and response so could you send me the UPS one (vince AT ecommercetemplates DOT com) and I'll have a look at the rates.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
973 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/27/2022 :  05:56:11  
Vince,

Thanks for your help on this. I forwarded 3 Debug emails to you, as I am not sure which one you are looking for. I received 5 Debug emails and they all looked very similar to me. If you don't receive the email you're looking for just let me know and I'll send the other 2, or I can run the debug again if you want.

It would be a tremendous help if I can get UPS working again. For some reason my customers always prefer to use UPS, but they haven't been able to for the past several weeks.

Please let me know if you need anything else....

USA
973 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/29/2022 :  15:58:41  
Vince,

I sent you another email this afternoon. I just wanted to let you know here as my emails tend to get caught in spam folders very easily.

Thx

USA
973 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/30/2022 :  13:00:39  
My USPS connection seems to also have an error, and is showing the following error message:

"Error, couldn't connect to https://production.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPI.dll (-2147012894).
The operation timed out"

I waited a long while and tried again but the error appears to be constant. Unfortunately when this happens, the customer is unable to continue past the shipper selection page. Even if they select another shipper, there is no Pay with Card button at the bottom of the page (using Stripe).

My UPS connection is not returning negotiated rates and my USPS connection shows an error. As a result of these 2 errors I have had to turn them bot off. I am currently left with just FedEx as a shipping option and I am receiving 100% shopping cart abandonments.

I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing or has experienced the USPS error above.? Will this fix itself?

Vince
Administrator

42641 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2022 :  13:22:35  
Hi 1234
I'm sorry about the problems today but normally if a shipping rate server has a problem it's fixed quite quickly. If it persists then it might be worth contacting your host as it may be a connectivity problem with the server.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

mrbeanbag

USA
82 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/05/2023 :  21:08:27  
What did Hostek do to fix your problem? I am using Hostek too, and everything has been working fine for UPS until this weekend... and now I get this error. After reding the forum, I asked Hostek to add the Ciphers and they said they could not do it unless I move to a much more expensive hosting package. It was working for years on my existing package?

Wondering what the name of your company is, so I can ask Hostek to fix my issue like they did for you.

Scott

mrbeanbag

USA
82 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/06/2023 :  08:28:44  
I get the same error as of this weekend

I'm being told by my Hosting company, Hostek the following

Hello,
It appears this issue is not with anything on your site or our shared server. The error (below) is stating the site couldn't connect to 'https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate'.

If you try and browse directly to https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate this URL throws a HTTP ERROR 405. You'll need to reach out to ups.com to have them resolve the issue with their site or provide a new URL to use for rates.

Additionally, as you can see at 'https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=sailorstailor.com', TLS 1.2 is enabled on the server your 'sailorstailor.com' domain is on.

Scott

Graham Slaughter

821 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2023 :  13:57:58  
No issues for us pulling rates from USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL - all pulling fine without any hiccups but we are also on the latest version 7.2 of the cart software.

It sounds like a host issue.

If you are on a shared server, it might be worth checking out the HOSTED version of the ECT cart. I'd guess you'll get a much faster and more helpful response if the host is also the peeps making the software! The pricing always seemed really reasonable to me.

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2023 :  10:01:10  
Having the same issue all over again with all of the shipping providers! Contacted Hostek again and Chris tried the same fix for the ciphers. I restarted the server after he did his "fix" and now our site is completely down! I'm not getting anywhere with Hostek and I'm not sure they even know what they're doing. I am so frustrated right now!

The last information I got from Chris at Hostek was this:

I'm currently looking into this issue, the only thing I had changed before you restarted the server was using IIScrypto to enable the ciphers (TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
and TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256) per the information at 'https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=114305'.

So, obviously he's checking this post. Is there anyone out there that can provide them with any help? Our site has been down all day and we haven't had any orders since early yesterday.

Thanks,
Kelley

Edited by - kelleymoore on 11/03/2023 10:02:31

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10362 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2023 :  10:46:52  
Hi, if the sites working, and you are not getting rates from the shipping carriers, quite often you will see the error in your browsers console.
To open the browser console on most browsers, you can:

Right-click your mouse.
Click “Inspect/Inspect Element”
Click “Console”

David

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2023 :  11:43:31  
Unfortunately, our site is NOT working! Hasn't been since this morning. Hostek is not doing anything about it, either!

Kelley

Graham Slaughter

821 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2023 :  13:30:58  
My heart breaks for you. I've been there. That's where the savings for a cheaper host always bit me in the butt. When it worked, it was fine and even great - but in the end I started factoring in the expense of down time when I couldn't get help and I realized I was better off paying more and getting hosting from someone with awesome response times or at least expertise that would help fill in the gaps for my lack of expertise.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10362 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2023 :  13:40:16  
Hi Kelley, I'm with Graham on this.
For several years I have been on my own server with Amazon EC2 service and have full control with no host who are either rude, or non-responsive.
Now, with that said, managing your own server is not for everyone and you must have the software and that adds expense, but if you are making any kind of significant revenue from your store, it's always better to control your own destiny in my mind.

I know folks here have used Hostek for many years, so it seems odd they would leave you hanging for so long with no response.
Are you able to log into your hosting control panel Kelley?

Thanks,
David

USA
973 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/04/2023 :  05:35:33  
I just went through a very similar issue with my web host (not Hostek). A website down equals out-of-business, and for a large business that is absolutely devastating, even for a short period of time. I couldn't imagine being completely down for days at a time. That can be a major life-changing, career-changing event.

David, do you mind if I send you a private message? I am in need of some advice for a dedicated server and I've exhausted all of my current avenues.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10362 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2023 :  08:37:47  
quote:
David, do you mind if I send you a private message? I am in need of some advice for a dedicated server and I've exhausted all of my current avenues.

Sure, send it on.

Thanks,
David

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2023 :  06:35:38  
Hi,

I do have access to my control panel with Hostek. I have been using them for hosting for years! I pay $300.14 a month with them, currently. I am on a VPS. They finally fixed this issue with updating the ciphers, again. Now, my ASP email script is not working. So, for a few days now, my customers and vendors are not receiving order emails.

I'm exhausted.

Kelley

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10362 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2023 :  11:40:13  
quote:
I pay $300.14 a month with them

Wow, that's quite a bit. Particularly with having so many troubles.
Message me and I'll tell you about my setup, in case you are looking to make a move.

Thanks,
David

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2023 :  06:57:07  
Dave,

I am very much interested in changing servers/hosts.

Please let me know what I need to do!

Thanks,
Kelley

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10362 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2023 :  08:26:27  
Hi Kelley, I replied to your first message last night, but I see you sent another message this morning.
Check your spam folder as I don't think you saw my reply perhaps.

David

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2023 :  09:31:31  
Dave,

I don't have any emails from you. I don't have any in my SPAM folder, either. I'm going to send you another email.

Kelley
Page: of 3 « Topic »  
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000