quadrant
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1110 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/18/2023 :  02:37:25  
Hi Vince,

Since we are updating to v7.6.1 we are going to take advantage of the new PayPal Checkout v2 that's been added as I have had PayPal on the phone trying to get us to swap from PayPal standard.

I was going to connect to our test site which is a subdomain of our live site so we can check things first but the onboarding process requires us to enter our email which is of course used by our live site.

Is it going to cause issues if I try and connect two stores to the same PayPal account/email address?

Obviously I do not want to connect our test site and then not be allowed to connect our live site due to the email address already being used.

Regards,
David

Edited by - quadrant on 07/18/2023 22:34:42

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2023 :  01:24:17  
Hi David
It's not going to be an issue with the two accounts, no. But could I just point out there is no Sandbox Mode for PayPal Checkout so you can't actually put dummy card numbers through.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

quadrant
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1110 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/28/2023 :  00:42:22  
Hi Vince,

Thanks for the info. Swapped over to PayPal Checkout from standard and it's a great improvement thanks.

I do have a question about the pay later messaging when setting up in payment providers.
When selecting the checkboxes for banners and prices I do not see any changes on our pages so was wondering if there is something else I need to do to get these to show?

Our PayPal account exec did mention that Pay Later is only available to non-business PayPal accounts and as we only have business accounts it could be the reason nothing shows but just wanted to check.

Regards,
David

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2023 :  01:28:11  
Hi David
quote:
Our PayPal account exec did mention that Pay Later is only available to non-business PayPal accounts and as we only have business accounts it could be the reason nothing shows
I'm not sure that's going to be the case here as the business account would stop you applying for Pay Later funding but it wouldn't stop the messages appearing. Have you enabled the messaging on the cart checkout pages?

Vince

quadrant
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1110 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/28/2023 :  01:43:29  
Hi Vince,

I checked every box (except quick buy) and couldn't see anything on any page.

I did see a div appear around the grand total but there was no content within it making me think I have missed something somewhere.

There are some custom mods that we have run for years but I am not sure if they would make a difference or not which prompted my question just in case there was a $detailpagelayout setting I needed for example if we wanted banners and prices to show there.

Regards,
David

quadrant
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1110 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/28/2023 :  02:13:13  
Hi Vince,

I think I might have discovered why now I've taken a closer look.

When I switch the banners and prices on I see this in my dev tools:
Content Security Policy: The page's settings blocked the loading of a resource at https://polyfill.io/v3/polyfill.js?features=IntersectionObserver ("script-src 'sha256-*edited*=' 'sha256-*edited*=' https://www.paypal.com https://*.paypal.com https://*.paypalobjects.com").

If I uncheck the boxes the error disappears.

Any ideas how to go about fixing this?

*EDIT*

The above error was in Firefox. Had a look in Chrome and I can see an iframe etc in the page source although it's still not rendering anything on the page. Perhaps you need to be logged into a personal PayPal account that's eligible for content to show.

Regards,
David

Edited by - quadrant on 07/28/2023 02:25:27

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2023 :  05:47:56  
Hi David
Is this enabled in your cart.php page? I'm trying there but the pay later messaging doesn't seem to be enabled at all.

Vince

quadrant
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1110 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/31/2023 :  06:27:59  
Hi Vince,

I have emailed you a link to our test site where it's enabled.

Regards,
David

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2023 :  01:22:16  
Hi David
I copied the source for your test page and changed the client id and currency to mine and then I see the pay later banner. Is it possible that this is a sandbox account you are using for your test site?

Vince

quadrant
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1110 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/01/2023 :  02:52:42  
Hi Vince,

Thanks for taking a look.

The site I emailed a link to is linked to the same PayPal business account as our live site that's taking orders and as far as I am aware is not in Sandbox mode.

I see the exact same thing in our live site with the Pay Later info not showing.

To setup I first linked our test site just to check all went well and then linked our live site.
I have noticed in our store admin that the client ID and password are different but both connections use the same Merchant ID although if I remember the banners never showed prior to the live site being setup for PayPal Checkout.

Regards,
David

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  07:09:46  
Hi David
I got this back from PayPal so I'm asking just in case...
quote:
Does the account have an account manager? Maybe PayLater/Credit needs to enable for it.

Vince

quadrant
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1110 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  07:22:31  
Hi Vince,

Thanks for the info. I will message our account exec, see what he says and let you know.

I also sent you a message about a Stripe issue along with a link which is unrelated to this but thought I would check you got it.

Regards,
David

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  07:38:23  
Hi David
I did take a look at the Stripe setup but I can't seem to recreate the problem that you had. Is there anything in particular that you need to do to reproduce this?

Vince

quadrant
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1110 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  08:25:10  
Hi Vince,

It seems to be when you swap delivery options towards the top of the page.
On initial page load it's always fine.

The default is option is standard and if you swap to express and then back to standard a couple of times I seem to get empty card details input boxes and sometimes with an extra couple of inputs above the card number ones.

If the inputs fail to load properly and just appear blank without placeholders and icons etc then eventually the Stripe form disappears and the checkout button is disabled.

I have just tried again using up to date Chrome on PC and I get the same as yesterday.

Regards,
David

Edited by - quadrant on 08/02/2023 09:44:50

tgorski
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
908 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  09:55:24  
I just followed all of the prompts in the wizzard using info provided by the client to setup the paypal "all-in-one checkout solution" and when getting to the pre-checkout screen with the shipping estimate (1/3), but there's no checkout button or any way to continue on both my phone and computer?

Do we still need to populate and enable the PayPal Checkout as well?

Any suggestions?

Tim Gorski

quadrant
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1110 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  10:05:46  
Hi Tim,

If you go to Admin > Payment Providers you should see a congratulations message if the account has been setup using the wizard.

Click on settings button and check the enabled checkbox is ticked and there are no restrictions on the login level and all should be good.

To get a PayPal button on the first page of checkout you need to enable Express Checkout which I am guessing is set to do not add in the dropdown of your settings.

The other PayPal buttons will appear on the shipping page (3/3)

Regards,
David

Edited by - quadrant on 08/02/2023 10:06:18

tgorski

USA
908 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  10:22:26  
Thanks quadrant, but I do not see congratulations (despite the client having received 3or 4 emails confirming the setup), and what settings button are you talking about?

And should I bother populating Express Checkout since I don't see the Congratulations screen?

Then there's "Why don't I get the Congratulations screen if the wizzard finished?" And what should I try next?

Tim Gorski

quadrant
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1110 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  10:48:49  
Hi Tim,

Assuming the cart is on the latest version you should see a big PayPal: The all-in-one checkout solution area when you go to Payment Providers.
When the PayPal account is connected then within this area you will get the message:
Congratulations! Your PayPal account is connected.
and under that two buttons one of which is a settings button.

You can also view by viewing the full list of payment providers and selecting PayPal Checkout (ID 27)

If you are not seeing the congratulations message it would either suggest the store is not on the latest version or it's not connected to the PayPal account in which case you should see a button to connect the store if I remember correctly.

Regards,
David

Edited by - quadrant on 08/02/2023 11:02:15

tgorski

USA
908 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  11:10:35  
Thanks again, quadrant ... does the PayPal Checkout info need to be completed?, or does that get done by the wizzard?

And does anything need to be done within the PayPal account itself? I did the wizzard twice with the same results ... or does it need to be done by the PayPal Account holder?

Tim Gorski

tgorski

USA
908 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  11:16:46  
... plus when I enable PayPal Express, I DO get the PayPal checkout button, but it leads to PayPals payment page, which is NOT how PayPal Checkout is supposed to work.

Tim Gorski

quadrant
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1110 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  11:18:34  
Hi Tim,

From memory when using the wizard you just have to fill in the PayPal email and password and tick a couple of boxes and the wizard handles everything.
As long as you have the PayPal account login I see no reason why it has to be the account holder.

To be totally honest it all happend so quickly I cannot remember the exact steps and I didn't have to do anything within the PayPal account itself.

When you go to Admin > Payment Providers what are you seeing at the top?

Regards,
David
Page: of 2 « Topic »  
Next Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000