Author « Topic »
Page: of 2

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2023 :  07:04:35  
Hi Tim
quote:
plus when I enable PayPal Express, I DO get the PayPal checkout button, but it leads to PayPals payment page
Don't enable "PayPal Express" but rather go to the PayPal Checkout settings and you should see...

Express Checkout: Add Express Checkout

Select that

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

tgorski
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
908 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/03/2023 :  08:51:07  
When I click on Payment Providers the 1st thing I get is the Recommended "The all-in-one checkout solution" and Get Started, but I should also point out that I had to upload 2 identity confirmation documents (drivers license and Social Security Card), and maybe that was required because the account owner was NOT providing the information?

Tim Gorski

tgorski

USA
908 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/03/2023 :  09:51:38  
DANG! That IS EASY!

Thanks Vince

Tim Gorski

tgorski

USA
908 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/03/2023 :  10:36:41  
So while the setup for PayPal Checkout v2 went smoothly through the cart, do we also need to activate PayPal Checkout in his PayPal Account?

His account is waiting for bank verification so I cannot yet test PayPal Checkout.

Tim Gorski

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2023 :  11:36:22  
quote:
So while the setup for PayPal Checkout v2 went smoothly through the cart, do we also need to activate PayPal Checkout in his PayPal Account?
No. You do need a PayPal Business account as otherwise you are very limited as to the payments you can take. But there is no setup required in your PayPal account.
quote:
DANG! That IS EASY!

Thanks Vince
My pleasure! Thanks to you!!

Vince

quadrant
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1110 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/05/2023 :  00:26:43  
Hi,

For anyone else having problems getting their PayPal Pay Later info to show we found this was to do with the MCC (Merchant Category Code) that was set on our PayPal business account.

This was setup well over 10 years ago when the list of categories was not as extensive and was set to a service related MCC.
Now there are a few thousand apparently.

PayPal does not offer the pay later option to services so changing this to something more relevant then had the pay later info showing within 24hrs.
According to our account exec it's not always instant as they may need to do a compliance check.

To check your MCC login into PayPal and in the top right of your PayPal account click on your name and account settings.
Then under business profile select business information.
To the right of your store name click the update link and once loaded you will see your MCC under your store name.
If you need to change this click the edit link and then under What kinds of products or services do you sell? make the change simply by starting to type a word that relates to your business and options will appear to choose from.

Regards,
David

Vince
Administrator

42692 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2023 :  02:04:24  
I'm glad you got this sorted out, David, and thanks for letting everyone know the solution.

Vince

quadrant
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1110 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/05/2023 :  03:18:23  
Hi Vince,

That's OK. Hopefully it will help others.

I have noticed a problem this morning with the PayPal Pay Later when tesing on my iPhone 14 running iOS 16.
Yesterday I had this on my test site but it seemed to sort itself out but it's back there also.

Initially I only switched on Pay Later Messaging Prices on detail and cart pages and when I visit the proddetail page it just hangs.
If I then go into admin and switch the Pay Later messaging checkboxes off the page loads instantly.

Trying just the banner instead of text produces the same result and I also get the same on the products page.

The same happens on our test site and live site on WiFi and 4G.

I have tried on 2 PC's in Chrome and iMac in Firefox and all is good so it appears to just be on iPhone.

Do you have any ideas what might be up?

Regards,
David
Page: of 2 « Topic »  
Previous Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000