Mailing List/Client List question
Author « Topic »  

DavidX
Ecommerce Template Expert

925 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/17/2023 :  13:26:14  
If someone signs up for an account on our website and clicks the promotional mail box, should their email address automatically be added to the same email list that signing up for the newsletter creates?

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10362 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2023 :  15:15:36  
Hi, yes, they are one in the same.
However, the email address will not allow you to send emails to it if they have not responded to the confirmation email (double opt in).
It is possible to turn that off, and have them added immediately, but I personally advise against it.

quote:
noconfirmationemail=TRUE

will stop the email a customer receives to verify their mailing list sign-up. By default the customer will receive an email to verify their address and intention.

Thanks,
David

DavidX

925 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/17/2023 :  20:07:14  
That's what I thought but, I tried to sign up for a new account using a personal alternate email and the sign-up went as expected. I clicked the "allow promotional emails" and got the the response email where I clicked the "confirm" button and all went as it should however my email address never showed up in the email list. I can delete the account and try again but is there anything I could be missing here?

Vince
Administrator

42644 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2023 :  11:47:12  
Hi DavidX
If you got the confirmation email and didn't get an error when you clicked on it I really think the email is in the system somewhere. Are you using the built-in email list or MailChimp?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

DavidX

925 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/20/2023 :  12:20:45  
We do use Mailchimp. I did have someone else sign up and it did work as expected but my test one never did show up on our ECT mail list. I'll keep a close eye on it. In a related question, we have around 2500 clients but show only about 1500 people on the ECT mail list which is reflected in Mailchimp more or less. Is there a reason those numbers don't match up? I could see the mail list being bigger by people signing up for it directly and not creating an account. It seems like the mail list should be bigger than the the client list if anything. What am I missing?

Vince
Administrator

42644 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2023 :  05:31:13  
Hi DavidX
You don't have to be on the mailing list to be a client though, no?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000