Forgot your Password?

Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

LadyM
ECT Moderator

1705 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2024 :  06:37:21  
An account has been created at USPS. We have the user name and password, but can't seem to get it activated. Anybody else have any recent experience. Cart has been updated to the latest version.

This is the error message: not authorized to use API RateV4.

Edited by - LadyM on 07/15/2024 06:42:56

freewaytrailer
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2024 :  08:28:39  
You obviously registered with them which should have go you a registration email. After that, from said email you should have requested API access? if those 2 things were done then you should just need to enter the username that came in the registering email(note this will be different than what is used to login the the actual USPS website). If all the above has transpired the last step is to convert the API within the USPS developers portal from testing to live. If all the above is correct and done then im sorry i cannot help more

LadyM
ECT Moderator

1705 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2024 :  08:36:59  
Can you clarify your last statement about going live please?

This is also in the email. We are planning on retiring Web Tools in 2024 and are only approving Web Tools API access on a limited basis

This is the reply I just received from USPS. As I'm not the developer I'm not quite sure what to do.

Please utilize the new USPS API Platform at the Developer Portal (Note: the new platform is separate from Web Tools and Web Tools credentials and requests will not work with the new APIs).

This is from the link provided in the email: The USPS® Developer Portal is for software developers who would like to integrate Postal Service™ functionality into their ecommerce, shipping, or logistics systems.

Edited by - LadyM on 07/15/2024 08:40:25

LadyM
ECT Moderator

1705 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2024 :  10:30:18  
I think I'm going to switch to weight based shipping if this is going to be that difficult. Maybe someone will have more info later on. I'm alswy wondering what is going to happen to all the carts currently using USPS? Will they all stop working when USPS makes the change later on in the year?

freewaytrailer
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2024 :  12:08:25  
sent you a pm - the long n the skinny is everyone signing up will be using the USPS API Platform at the Developer Portal in essence creating their own developer account - you wont actually have to do any developing.

Edited by - freewaytrailer on 07/15/2024 12:12:24

Vince
Administrator

42632 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2024 :  10:55:31  
Just a thought LadyM, but given that you have other stores that are working. If they are with the same owner, could you use the same login?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

LadyM
ECT Moderator

1705 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2024 :  13:16:55  
This is a store that's never been on USPS. Up until now they only had digital downloads. Their previous webmaster told them they couldn't charge shipping. Admittedly they didn't have this wonderful shopping cart then!

Leo and I talked on the phone and it does look like I have to go the developer route without becoming an actual developer. I will report back here but for now, weight based works.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000